Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo Wont Disclose Buyer Details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

intellect

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recently had a transaction canceled because of lack of buyer payment. I asked for buyer details, and sedo said that was against their "quality control procedures". I thought it was customary that if a buyer did not pay then you get access to their details. Can someone shed some light as to why sedo is secretive?

Domain Days 2024

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am interested in this as well. I am in the midst of a 2 week waiting period.

We need a better global DN marketplace.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why would you want the private details of a backout buyer?

intellect

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like the details to follow up. I just want to know what the situation was for non payment aka confusion with escrow, or other matter, or to know who not to accept offers in the future at the very minimum. Sedo explained they would give out the info then said they couldn't, that is the question i am curious about.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Find another buyer and sell it.

intellect

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Find another buyer and sell it.

I appreciate this philosophy and i agree move to a buyer who appreciates the name and who will make payment, but that is not the question or purpose of the thread. From my understanding it is their standard practice to disclose the info, so that the seller can have it for whatever reason. The fact that they make an exception is what makes me curious.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They canceled several auctions and transactions I had for fake bidders.
They never give me some details about these fake bidders.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have always got the info of the backed out buyer from sedo. They would make me wait 7 days but always gave it up without a fight. It has happened just 3 times but each time it was a member here and each time they were banned from here. If you cannot follow through there you cannot follow through here or there was already an issue with them here and it contributed. Unless there is a policy change they did give up the bad buyer info last time I checked.

As for those who say " move on " you miss the point or maybe are the bad buyer :eek:

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have always got the info of the backed out buyer from sedo. They would make me wait 7 days but always gave it up without a fight. It has happened just 3 times but each time it was a member here and each time they were banned from here. If you cannot follow through there you cannot follow through here or there was already an issue with them here and it contributed. Unless there is a policy change they did give up the bad buyer info last time I checked.

As for those who say " move on " you miss the point or maybe are the bad buyer :eek:

Have you request the infos of the fake bidder? Or Sedo just give these to you?
Have you call them or via mail?
Thanks.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you request the infos of the fake bidder? Or Sedo just give these to you?
Have you call them or via mail?
Thanks.

What generally happened was this...

I would wait several days for payment or basically up to a week, get the usual emails and so on. Buyer wouldnt pay of course. I would then ask via email strongly that the info be given, they would respond please give them time to try. I usually waited 7 days more at their request and baam they gave it up after another strong email. When I say 7 days I mean after a period of non payment as they obviously shoot the buyer more emails.

Never had a problem getting it.

The last two that did this, one banned here and was going that way any ways the other a successful well known member that to this point hasnt done anything else so I am letting it slide so to speak.

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What generally happened was this...

I would wait several days for payment or basically up to a week, get the usual emails and so on. Buyer wouldnt pay of course. I would then ask via email strongly that the info be given, they would respond please give them time to try. I usually waited 7 days more at their request and baam they gave it up after another strong email. When I say 7 days I mean after a period of non payment as they obviously shoot the buyer more emails.

Never had a problem getting it.

The last two that did this, one banned here and was going that way any ways the other a successful well known member that to this point hasnt done anything else so I am letting it slide so to speak.

Thanks for the infos

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sedo never discloses the phone number or the email of a deadbeat bidder. Unless you send them a court subpoena and are prepared to fight a legal battle. At the same time of course they disclose your location, transaction rating, seniority as a Sedo user and how long your domains have been listed on Sedo - all without your permission. They call this account "features" but you cannot turn them off.

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo never discloses the phone number or the email of a deadbeat bidder. Unless you send them a court subpoena and are prepared to fight a legal battle. At the same time of course they disclose your location, transaction rating, seniority as a Sedo user and how long your domains have been listed on Sedo - all without your permission. They call this account "features" but you cannot turn them off.

Features for Sedo, not for us :)

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1/3 of my sedo sale's don't go true because of a non paying bidder. Sedo needs to terminate the accounts of non payers otherwise they won't be taken serious anymore.

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had one bad buyer and per their TOS they gave me the details of the buyer who did not pay.

Move on and sell it. But now you have opened another can of worms.

My suggestion is to see if the TOS changed.

I got the name, address, but they will not give email. I know where my guy lives. That is good enough.

intellect

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I will follow up with Sedo in a few days and update the thread.

intellect

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're better off chasing evidence of the Sasquatch!

lol, i wont get a license to become a PI but it worth a few more phone calls. In essence i learned that their contract is garbage. lesson learned.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Don't worry, you still get to have eBay features, like star ratings, location of residence, member of Sedo since and age of parked domain for FREE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom