Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want members to list the good things and bad things about sedo,especially how it can be improved ?

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Firstly , they need to bring back the focus on auctions - back to the main page. Also the flat $50 fee sucks in few auction cases. Earlier 10% was much better.
Also have a customer service team on the weekends.

Coldforce

Coldforce.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, besides all the new stuff and commision rules etc ...sales are really bad over at sedo right now, dont know if it is depending on the market or that sedo has lost a piece of the market. im not sure, Since the new design was released, i think sales has been lower and lower....is the dn biz having a big dip? or what´s up with the sales?

why is everyone selling the lll.com´s now? lower bins than ever on high end names, i bet there are dnf:ers reading this post, selling their lll:s here on the forum in these times, i cant figure out why? please someone give me a brief :D

all the best/seb

namebank

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think SEDO is trying to increase indirect sales volume(such as registrar sales ) by renewal of their website.
My opinion is that their renewal process was not successful.
There seems no hot auctions any more.
SEDO must go back to 6 months before.

And I 100% agree with "Doc".
I want to see another HOT " Chinese.com" auction agian.

Last edited:

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Must be more problems than just the above,anybody else ?l

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One good thing about Sedo is I had my first sale ever there this past week, for low x,xxx.

The sales reports and results at Sedo still seem to be good, though they should put more attentions on running auctions like they did before.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Worst parking returns in the industry hands down. I call 'em .02 Sedo. Move the same domain to another parking service and it get 10-20x per click with a higher ctr.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Worst parking returns in the industry hands down. I call 'em .02 Sedo. Move the same domain to another parking service and it get 10-20x per click with a higher ctr.

Wow i did not realize they were that bad,they must be ripping a lot of domain owners off with their huge cut of profits,i wonder why they never tell you their slice of the pie.......

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want a change in who handles my transactions...he is slow as molasses. Other execs have closed sales start-to-finish in less than 4 hours. My typical transactions take 2-4 weeks to be finalized.

In regards to PPC, I have found nothing out there that beats Sedo. I did my own analysis by taking the same block of domains and parking for a total of 30 days at Sedo, Parked, NameDrive, Fabulous, and Bodis. Sedo beat all the others by far. Same keywords. There are so many factors that can influence the results including the landing page appearance. Colors, images, etc may be a turn off.

Sedo needs to quit AUTO SELECT as a default template or tell me how to cancel it totally. It is frustrating as hell to optimize everything and then look at my account and see templates reverting to Auto Select. It makes no sense to optimize and then have to manually go back and KILL AUTO SELECT as a default.

I am sure it has been mentioned, but once more with clarity...THIS IS A SEVEN DAY A WEEK BUSINESS!

I have brought this to the attention time and time again to Sedo on this forum and even in phone calls - THE MINIMUM COMMISSION STRUCTURE NEEDS TO BE REVISED TO INCLUDE A USD - EURO CONVERSION. The fees charged if I sell in GBP is 35 GBP and 50 USD if I sell in USD and SEDO HAS CHARGED ME ON THREE OCCASSIONS A MINIMUM OF 50 EUROS on sales. At one time, the USD to Euro conversion was 50Eu = $76USD. This is total BS. The most recent conversion was 50Eu = $67USD. A proper fee structure is MINIMUM 50usd, 40Eu, 35gbp.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now that is a great shout doc,i am still waiting a week later for a technical issue to be sorted out,they are a joke that is why an good alternative will be coming this way soon ;-)

They seem to be half soaked with the world's worst customer support for anything i have ever seen basically i don't think they give a shit unless your name is latona or any of the other so called big guns (sigh)

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow i did not realize they were that bad,they must be ripping a lot of domain owners off with their huge cut of profits,i wonder why they never tell you their slice of the pie.......

Well that's my personal experience - others seem to like their returns.

To be fair I've had the opposite of Doc - sales were always done very quickly and the money was in my hands very fast.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be fair I've had the opposite of Doc - sales were always done very quickly and the money was in my hands very fast.
That's why I mentioned that. I recently had a transaction by someone named Daniel in less than 4 hours from sale, transfer, to payment and about a day or so by someone name Carla(?)

I get sick and tired of the BS responses I get and why on earth one takes 30 plus days is beyond me.

The record? 94 days to pay me for a sale.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
94 days is just too long. Customer support is the worst. Don't expect answers within 24hours.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, and another weekly occurance...

having to notify sedo to add domains to my account that sit there for days or a week or more. This occurs even after Sedo's recommendations to point Name Servers to them for verification. They even mention something about some taking 2 business days to verify?

All other parking companies is almost instant acceptance and instant up with the Lander UNLESS there is a conflict.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats 2 days worth of parking commissions they steal from you,me and everybody else.......

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they should reduce the minimum com.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

I have not been to Sedo in awhile and do not know if this has changed but the fact that you cannot get an account there if you use a free email such as Yahoo, Google, MSN or aol. Not sure why they do that because it eliminates potential new customers who have never had a domain name.

i think you can get an account with a gmail now.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought the minimum had been reduced to 10% if the domains have been parked for 30 days or more ?

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have seen Sedo sales dry up since they went to the "new" homepage, coincidence maybe, but quite a few sales from other sources. I have trouble navigating so god help those searching for names for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom