Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedopro showing only Portal page ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I caught a domain off a drop. I added it to Sedopro on the 12/22, and automatically I saw a portal page.

I added a keyword. The keyword was approved yesterday, still showing portal page. I added 2 other domains I bought off a drop. I added keywords yesterday, today the keywords were approved, but now all 3 domains are showing a portal page. What is going on? Am I missing something? This is what I see:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6024/portalminiok0.gif

Even when I go to preview the landing page for these domains with any keyword, still displays a portal page. Yet my other domains are working perfectly fine. Any idea what is happening here?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Can you PM the domains to test?

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It happen with NameDrive when the domain name is banned by Google, but with Sedo I don't know.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if a domain is blacklisted at sedo ,you are not unable to add it to your account.
since you where able to add it , it was not blacklisted at that time.
so,unless you got an email from sedo stated that the domain has been blacklisted ,it is not.

your problem is most likely the keywords don't have any links evenso it was approved.

look for a different keywords and see ( look at preview domain and see if it has links)

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That means that that keyword has no advertisers at all.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's true, all 3 domains have tms in them somewhere:

allstate___.com
toyota___.com
americanexpress___.com

But why would they allow me to add it in then? If I change the keyword to be non-tm related, would it stop showing the portal page?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Wait for Sedo's response; it will come sometime in 2007.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wait for Sedo's response; it will come sometime in 2007.
No kidding. Service has gone from bad to pathetic lately.

But why would they allow me to add it in then? If I change the keyword to be non-tm related, would it stop showing the portal page?
My experience with Sedo is that they will allow you to add anything (mostly anything...depends on German law especially anything that has BMW or Olympics or Olympia in the name). Some domains are prohibited immediately and they will not allow you to park, in particular the aforementioned.

Anything that is questionable is put into this limbo type state. The domain is active, you can still make money, but it is a very static page. Then, lo and behold, someone from Sedo comes along and tells you the domain can not be parked...months down the road of course.

I recently received such a bit of news not more than a couple of weeks ago, after the domain name was on for many months. All of a sudden, it is getting the Sedo boot.

Two days after my .info was booted off sedo, the EXACT SAME DOMAIN IN .CH WAS BEING AUCTIONED OFF! Not only was it right smack dab in their face, it was one of their featured auctions!

When I called this to Sedo's attention, here is the response I got:

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us. Removing domains for offensive violations is a difficult and ultimately subjective task. Due to the sheer number of domains in our system (6+ million), no one person reviews domains for violations and anomalies are bound to happen. I understand your frustration at seeing a similar name for sale on the marketplace; but this may have been one of those anomalies. However, as the similar name is subject to a current purchase and sales agreement, we cannot remove it form the current account. It may be blocked from the database afterwards.

If you feel a legitimate mistake has been made in the blocking of your domain from the marketplace, please let us know, as your opinion is of the utmost importance to us. Also keep in mind, though, that a domain that was missed in the process of checking our system is not a justification for re-allowing other similar names into the marketplace. I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this, but appreciate your understanding and cooperation. I hope you have a wonderful day and an even better weekend!

My response...sarcasm and all?

I just found it quite odd that someone had to go deep into my account to find one that is questionably offensive and block it from my account when the exact same thing is right before Sedo's eyes. Fair is fair all the way around.

Stop a sale? Oh, no. Couldn't do that. Sedo makes nothing on a domain name banned.

How about that...they may block it afterwards...that is after the sale and after they collect their money.

As I said, someone had to go damn deep into my account and find one out of nearly 2800 parked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom