Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo's comission and minimum price

Status
Not open for further replies.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I regularily get offers from Sedo buyers where the buyer offers $60 for a name.
The embarrassing thing is that Sedo charges $50 comission and $10 is left for the name!

Isn't it time for Sedo to finally make this straight; either making a minimum of $100 for a name or lowering its comission to some reasonable amount in such cases?

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has only changed for US and CA residents.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi there

This seems like a good thread to post this for all to see. Firstly, Options, you can enter a "minimum offer" for your domain. This is a price which the potential buyer cannot see, but if his first offer is under this amount, then they will get an email encouraging them to submit a higher offer. This would, in theory be your 'Minimum of $ 100'.

Now, to repeat my great commission news - but please note it has not started yet, we are launching it in March. Only a couple of weeks to go! :

We charge a flat 10% with no minimum commission for the following TLDs which are parked with us:

.com/.net/.org/.info/.biz/.us/.name/.li/
.be/.dk/.de/.at/.ch

We are planning to extend this offer to all our international customers! No more 'favoritism' for the US - they have all the fun anyway. From March, we are hoping to offer this to our you in the UK and Australia too!

So, get those domains parked and sell with no minimum commission! After all, our statistics do show that parked pages are FIVE times more likely to sell!

Let me know if you have any comments at [email protected]

Ed Russell
Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.26 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Firstly, Options, you can enter a "minimum offer" for your domain. This is a price which the potential buyer cannot see, but if his first offer is under this amount, then they will get an email encouraging them to submit a higher offer. This would, in theory be your 'Minimum of $ 100'.

Thanks Ed.
It's not "my minimum of 100". The point is that I would be ready to sell some names for amount even less than $60, but with Sedo having fixed comission of $50 it makes a ridiculous deal: the middleman making five times more money then the seller.

We charge a flat 10% with no minimum commission for the following TLDs which are parked with us:

Now, that's the good news and the right move.

We are planning to extend this offer to all our international customers! No more 'favoritism' for the US - they have all the fun anyway. From March, we are hoping to offer this to our you in the UK and Australia too!

Have I understood this well?
A German company offering the VIP status to the English speaking world only?

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Preference is given to countries where advertisers pay higher AdSense rates?

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The flat 10% minimum commission is a great news !!
i have got some sale on domains less than $500. Now the fee is lesser :)

Thanks.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about the rest of Europe?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Speaking of no more "favoritism" ... it would be nice if Sedo would combine all paid featured listings into *one* list...

Sedo still owes me $117 USD for paid featured listings that were not shown to all visitors - yes, I'm discussing an old topic, but I bring it up since you say that Sedo is unifying it's pricing - it would be nice if Sedo would unify the rest of its services too, such as featured listings ... it would build goodwill and likely result in more business longterm.

Anyways, the commission changes you speak of sounds good - once I get my $117 USD back (heck, even a credit would be fine), I'd consider giving Sedo another go.

Ron

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I dont park my names with Sedo, I make more via Door way pages to Affiliate Programs paying like $35+ per signup, thus I must pay min. $50 for .com and $150 min. for .ws sales.

I got a $160 offer on a .ws the other day, I'd prob sell it at that amount if it wasnt for the $150 commission Sedo wants, my profit less expenses, $1.30

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom