Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo's Definition of QUALITY is a Joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

458domains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I submitted two domains for an upcoming Sedo auction. Sedo replied that my domains didn't meet their standards of quality.

My domains: GoodShopper.com and RewardProducts.com - not six-figure names, but generic .coms with commercial potential.

By comparison, Sedo approved these domains for auction:
cheapvaninsurance.info
1-800abogado.com
www-scheide.de

A previous Sedo auction included:
Eddie-Murphy.net
RonaldK.com
Venice-Florida.org

I apologize if the six example domains above belong to DNF members, but seriously...a hyphenated celebrity .net and a www- before a keyword. These same domains would have been trashed by appraisers at Sedo. Where's the consistency?

If six-figure sales were regularly taking place on eBay, would that make eBay, Inc. domain experts? Sedo, simply providing a marketplace for over 8 million domains and high-dollar sales do not make them "industry experts" either.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi 458,

Please note that the 6 domains you mentioned were not approved for a premium auction by a broker here at Sedo.

In these instances the domain owners received an online bid for the domain and chose to flip the domain to an auction using the bid as the reserve price. All sellers have this option when they receive a bid through the online marketplace.

I hope this clarifies things.

All the best,

Tom

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Sedo is doing a pretty good job judging whats good and bad when adding domains, sure there are sometimes domains in there that seem like they are in there because the owner listed a top notch domain as well, but for the most part I think its good, IMO your domains are not very good domains at all and I think you are way out of line in your post, maybe do a little research before you rant the next time.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi 458,
In these instances the domain owners received an online bid for the domain and chose to flip the domain to an auction using the bid as the reserve price. All sellers have this option when they receive a bid through the online marketplace.
Tom
Tom,

We know this but sometimes there are dubious domains that get pushed to the auctions with no starting bid.
Recently - if I'm not wrong - Sedo agreed to list visacards.co.uk which is a blatant TM infringement.
There are other names of questionable quality that get listed here and there.
A current example is amsterdam.im. I'm really wondering why this name is special, all I see is a minor TLD and a a keyword that hardly fits the extension :?:

458domains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think Sedo is doing a pretty good job judging whats good and bad when adding domains, sure there are sometimes domains in there that seem like they are in there because the owner listed a top notch domain as well, but for the most part I think its good, IMO your domains are not very good domains at all and I think you are way out of line in your post, maybe do a little research before you rant the next time.

The research was done domainah. Whether the domains were selected by Sedo staff or included because someone placed a bid (shill or legitimate) - lower quality domains are receiving an equal marketing advantage as top quality ones.

If you were to list one of your $15 .infos on Sedo and place a shill bid on that domain. Do you think it's fair to the owner of beware.com, for example, that your name has been included in Sedo's auction?

This wasn't an appraisal post. It was about consistency at Sedo concerning their auctions. The six domains were mentioned to contrast Sedo's quality standards, not to insult anyone.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The research was done domainah. Whether the domains were selected by Sedo staff or included because someone placed a bid (shill or legitimate) - lower quality domains are receiving an equal marketing advantage as top quality ones.

Your argument about unfair marketing advantage does not make any sense.
It would only be unfair if your domains would not have the right to go to auction if they got a bid, but you do have that right, but it seems they just have never gotten a bid. Thats the rule here.

You can't be mad at the fact that other people are getting bids on their domains, domains that YOU think are lower quality, it doesnt matter what you think, it only matters what the market thinks.
Also if you did your research you would have seen that there was at least one traffic domain in there and one really interesting adult domain.

Its a marketplace, that means supply-demand, and your domains are not in demand right now.

458domains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Several domains of lesser quality on Sedo's auction don't show any bids:

We know this but sometimes there are dubious domains that get pushed to the auctions with no starting bid. sdsinc

They supposedly only accept 'premium' or high-traffic names but when you see some of the names in the auctions it must be pretty subjective. sdsinc
How can your domain appear on a Sedo auction?
1) Selection by a Sedo analyst after submission
2) Receive a bid/option to join the auction listings

Sedo spotlights this section as being for elite domains only, but then allows lesser quality names to be listed if they receive a bid. Shill-bidding happens in every marketplace. Why pay $39 for a featured listing on Sedo when there's an opportunity to receive more visitors at no cost?

Those are the facts.

Since when does SEDO care about fake auction starting bids? There have been numerous situations of auctions starting with one single bid of $x,xxx to $xx,xxx for domains that are obviously not worth that much, auctions which have ended the same way they have started and without the domain ever changing hands. No, SEDO does not care about such situations. WhoWhere

What matters, is that I have little trust in Sedo anymore and I am definitely bitter about the way you conduct the auctions. Acroplex

Sedo unprofessional and crooked jimba

This thread was intended to start an intelligent discussion about the consistency of auction listings at Sedo. I welcome opposing viewpoints based on fact not obvious insults about my domains, amount of research or my opinion.

Unfortunately, $15 .info peddlers appoint themselves "domain experts" and try to bully DNF Newbies. Domainah isn't playing devil's advocate for Sedo, we've already heard from Tom. Domainah is silent in every other post critical of Sedo referenced above. Why so vocal in this post? I had the audacity to refuse an offer from domainah for 3 adult domains, now he searches my posts and tries to discredit my opinion. It's funny how domains become worthless once you can't afford them.

I joined DNF to network with other domain professionals not engage in a high-school pis*ing contest about domain values.

Tom, Kate, Acroplex...thanks for your posts.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Kate,

Thanks for bringing visacards.co.uk to my attention. We have informed the member who listed this domain that they will not be able to sell it through Sedo.

Best,

Tom

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Kate,

Thanks for bringing visacards.co.uk to my attention. We have informed the member who listed this domain that they will not be able to sell it through Sedo.

Best,

Tom
Thanks Tom.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Domainah isn't playing devil's advocate for Sedo, we've already heard from Tom. Domainah is silent in every other post critical of Sedo referenced above. Why so vocal in this post?
I joined DNF to network with other domain professionals not engage in a high-school pis*ing contest about domain values.

I dont know what your problem is buddy, I am just voicing an opinion here.
Ok, you dont like it, but I am entitled to my opinion. I think the auction system is good, its not perfect like all systems, but its pretty good.
You are the one here having a pissing contest all by yourself as you are mad your domains are not classified as premium. I think you are paranoid too and need to get your brain checked.

Funny how you dont to have a "contest" yet make wrong assumptions about things. You have no idea about what money or domains people have ...for your info..I refused you offer for your adult typo domains because you wanted 6-10 years rev for
adult typos.

Just to be clear...I did not even realize YOU emailed ME about some domains you wanted to sell... YOU are the one Stalking me not other way around you Cyberstalker.. I couldnt care less about you..if you would be anybody important I would know you from TRAFFIC or roundtables..trust me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Free drinks everyone, TGIF! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom