Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

/// Sedo's PPC rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've a question about the fluctuation of Sedo's PPC rates.

Some of my parked domains started at 10 cents and after several hundred hits (and a few dozen clicks) the rate has fallen to 6 cents or less.

Now, I understand that PPC rates fluctuate over time. However, the current mechanism does not calculate the earnings based on the rates at the time of the click. E.g. if you have 100 clicks and the PPC is 10 cents that's earnings of $10. If the PPC on the 101st click changes to 7 cents then the earnings become $7.07 instead of $10.07

I think that skewed logic is incorrect - and unfair - simply because when the rate fluctuates Sedo makes advertising money accordingly.

Anyone else has the same bickering as I do?

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
From a programming standpoint, the solution is simple: allocate an earnings field per domain record that increases with each PPC instead of calculating the earnings on the fly.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes. I too have noticed definite flucuations in the PPC rates. Have you discussed your concerns with the skewed logic with them? Would be interesting to hear their methodology. I think your proposed programming solution is a good one and maybe you should think about developing it.

Afternic's PPC earnings were very low. Domain Sponsor was better, but still lower then Sedo. Fabulous was about the same, but better stats. Will watch Sedo a little longer and decide wether or not to go completly with Fabulous.

Thanks,
DD

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
timechange said:
I've a question about the fluctuation of Sedo's PPC rates.

Some of my parked domains started at 10 cents and after several hundred hits (and a few dozen clicks) the rate has fallen to 6 cents or less.

Now, I understand that PPC rates fluctuate over time. However, the current mechanism does not calculate the earnings based on the rates at the time of the click. E.g. if you have 100 clicks and the PPC is 10 cents that's earnings of $10. If the PPC on the 101st click changes to 7 cents then the earnings become $7.07 instead of $10.07

I think that skewed logic is incorrect - and unfair - simply because when the rate fluctuates Sedo makes advertising money accordingly.

Anyone else has the same bickering as I do?

I'm still not sure if I understand what your saying but if the above is true, that's not skewed logic it's theft. I can't imagine Sedo are calculating this way.

It's not hapening to me. When you look at the first page of domain parking, that figure under €/Click or $/Click is not what they are paying for that keyword that day, it's the average rate you have been paid for that keyword over the current month. So if you multiply the total # of clicks X that €/Click, you will always = your total rev for that month for that domain name..

If you want to see what you were paid for the keyword each day, click on the domain name and apply the clicks(green box) and the revenue(red box) to the chart

Having said all that, the daily fluctuation in what's being paid for the keyword seems quite strange. On one of my domains, since June 11, Sedo has paid .10, .17, .24, .15, .18, .10, .08, .15, .03 per click

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sharpy, thank you for the info and the pointers. My mistake - your method definitely shows that the numbers are correct.

New to PPC/parking - I thought I might as well - so far my revenue looks great.
I'm sticking with Sedo for the time being, I like their portals/generated pages very much.

To add to your last comment about the way PPC fluctuates, I don't have extremes so far but my most is 12 cents.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My question is, does each of the 10 advertisers that appear on my domain's parked page, pay that much of a difference for their placement on that page? Or is that daily per click what sedo is paying for that keyword that day. In otherwords was that .24 per click the top ad and was that .03 per click the bottom ad? I would assume each advertiser pays more per click to sedo for being placed at the top and less per click the further down on the page that your ad is placed? .

Dnforumadmin

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have spoken to Sedo regarding your issue here is the response that I received from Sedo.

Hope this helps. :undecided

"Sedo most certainly does not change overall earrings due to CPC fluctuations. We credit the CPC at the time of the click so that he should earn $10.07. It could be that the customer may not understand how to read the stats properly, or there is a system issue. In any event please have the customer contact Sedo support and we would be happy to address this issue in more detail."

timechange said:
From a programming standpoint, the solution is simple: allocate an earnings field per domain record that increases with each PPC instead of calculating the earnings on the fly.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks Cinderella - as I explained above, I was doing the math without having seen the individual options Sharpy mentioned.

Yojimbo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo does not change their payout retroactively when the PPC rate changes. As Timechange mentioned above when you look at the daily payout for past days that number will not change when the PPC rate changes but future payouts obviously will. The variation on any particular page can vary greatly. On highly competitive keywords the bids are usually fairly close form the top spot to the bottom of the parked page but for less competitive keywords the variation can be great. Sometimes two advertisers will bid the PPC rate up among themselves and you will see the top 2 spots have a high $/click and the rest a very low $/click rate.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yojimbo said:
On highly competitive keywords the bids are usually fairly close form the top spot to the bottom of the parked page but for less competitive keywords the variation can be great. Sometimes two advertisers will bid the PPC rate up among themselves and you will see the top 2 spots have a high $/click and the rest a very low $/click rate.

Makes sense, thanks Yojimbo.

What service does Sedo get it's ad feed from?

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sharpy said:
Makes sense, thanks Yojimbo.

What service does Sedo get it's ad feed from?
It seems to be from google :)
In the html source code it says :
Code:
...GoogleRequest: pagead2.googlesyndication.com...
and so on...

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have been with sedo for almost a year. the way they calculate your ppc earning is as normal as other ppc. revenue will depend on the advertiser keyword bids.

And yes, they get their ad feed from google.

Phantom

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The NEW Afternic, or the currrent offering they have? I was contemplating switching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators