Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo's requirement for a 'bricks and mortar' email name

Status
Not open for further replies.

carledgar

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use urlowner@gmail for all domain business but SEDO wouldn't accept a webmail address.

Thus I had to use urlowner@aol and forward it to urlowner@gmail

I just want to get rid of AOL but because of SEDO I have to keep it.

When I actually have to write to SEDO they often reject my mail with a boilerplate msg saying I am not emailing from my registered email - too bad if I'm ever on the road or otherwise need to use someone else's email

My ISP is actually rogers dot com - Canada's biggest wireless etc ISP. However, Rogers sets up its email through yahoo and I have never mastereds the technique - when I follow their instructions and go to yahoo all I get is the webmaill address I have at yahoo

In a EUREKA moment I pointed one of my domain name email forwarding services to urlowner@gmail and then listed carl at (mydomainname.com).

Thus I receive those msgs but, again, can't actually send mail from it.

The point is that sites such as afternic, moniker, snapnames, godaddy tdnam and more or less the entire world outside SEDO gladly accept webmail addresses.

OK - perhaps SEDO will answer that they simply require a higher level of security and it's for everyone's good. But surely I can register a bricks and mortar email address with them (AOL or a domain name I own) as proof of identity but then elect to use a webmail address for day to day communications

the urlowner address I have quoted is on the whois for virtually every one of my 360+ domain names.

SEDO recently had a problem with my merelysex dot com listing evern though I had merelymagic, merelymusic and a few other merely???? dot coms listed with them.

When I replied to their email I received the notorious

Your recent incident update was from an email address not associatedwith the incident. In an effort to maintain the security ofinformation, we cannot update the incident using this email address.If you are the incident owner and your email address has changed, oryou want to be able to update the incident using this email account,please update your contact information using the following link, thenresubmit your update.http://sedo-us1.custhelp.com?p_next_page=myprofile.php

and after two daysd I gave up

my that time merelysex dot com (I think that was the one) had been listed anyway.

But there it is - SEDO's email fetish.

This isn't a rant. I just want to find out how to resolve this and get rid of AOL in the process

carl

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Carl, set up (host) one of your domains - your brand, your name, etc. - and create [email protected]

This will take care of your headaches.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Every domainer should be using their own domain like family name dot com, and not a ISP address :)

carledgar

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Carl, set up (host) one of your domains - your brand, your name, etc. - and create [email protected]

This will take care of your headaches.

Appreciate your helpful comment, Acro. However, when I did that I couldn't SEND mail from the domain addy - only direct mail to it whereupon it forwarded to urlowner etc

When I subsequently responded to Sedo mail forwarded to URLowqner and responded from that address, Sedo scratched its head in befuddlement and generated auto responses telling me it wouldn't deal with that address.

Course, I may be missing something:)

?

thanks again for your reply, Acro

Carl

S

SedoCoUk

Appreciate your helpful comment, Acro. However, when I did that I couldn't SEND mail from the domain addy - only direct mail to it whereupon it forwarded to urlowner etc

When I subsequently responded to Sedo mail forwarded to URLowqner and responded from that address, Sedo scratched its head in befuddlement and generated auto responses telling me it wouldn't deal with that address.

Course, I may be missing something:)

?

thanks again for your reply, Acro

Carl

Carl ~ PM sent.

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom