Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

seedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've just registered an account with seedy. I've heard a lot of unpleasant stuff about them, nevertheless I thought I'd give them a try.

First impression: slow, and rather german (Ordnung muss sein...):

"We will carry out our internal ownership verification check within 2 working days. Tip: If you park your domains with Sedo, we can tell automatically that you own the domain(s)."

hint hint tip tip (for the seedy reps): I obviously won't park ANY domains with you until you've approved my keywords. Further, I've listed my domains as not for sale - so why at all bother to do this "ownership verification check"? Seems like a cumbersome bureaucracy to me.

(tell me - where can I cash your "ownership verification check" ;-)

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is Sedo. Ownership verification is used for security purposes. If you decide to sell your domains later on, there might be problems in the transaction stage. I think you can approve the keywords first and then change the DNS.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maxo said:
It is Sedo. Ownership verification is used for security purposes. If you decide to sell your domains later on, there might be problems in the transaction stage. I think you can approve the keywords first and then change the DNS.

Thanks for your reply. I'll wait and see how long it takes to get keywords approved.

PS Isn't it Seedy? I had asked them to tell me more about their Pro Program, particularly this part: "Take SedoPro for a test drive and we'll beat your current earnings by at least 10% GUARANTEED!" (in SCREAMING ALL CAPS). According to an admittedly friendly but nevertheless disappointing reply from Nora, it seems as if they can't keep their promise. Not very decent really, promising a lot when you can't deliver.

Main Entry: seedy
Pronunciation: 'sE-dE
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): seed·i·er; -est
1 : containing or full of seeds <a seedy fruit>
2 : inferior in condition or quality

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you should first try your own domains with Sedo parking to build your own experience-based opinion instead of starting with complaints. Keywords should be accepted during the next day after sending. For some kind of domains and traffic Sedo is a good solution - for some not. This is one of the best places for selling domains (among parking programs) too.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hookah said:
I think you should first try your own domains with Sedo parking to build your own experience-based opinion instead of starting with complaints. Keywords should be accepted during the next day after sending. For some kind of domains and traffic Sedo is a good solution - for some not. This is one of the best places for selling domains (among parking programs) too.

Yes, some of my keywords got accepted within a reasonable time. Nevertheless, the whole process with the "ownership verification check", keyword approval combined with the fact that I don't really like their normal landing pages led me to stop my trial prematurely.

I'm happy with the performance of my domains at Namdrive, and frankly I really don't think its a decent thing to promise "Take our program for a testdrive and we'll GUARANTEE a 10% increase" as long as they can't deliver.

If they'd open the Pro Program I might give it a try - with "open" I mean a less bureaucratic process to park domains. Seems like they're happy with their exisiting customers and not too desperate to grow. Maybe that's a good thing (I still don't get it why they keep making these screaming marketing promises - but I guess that's just the way some people do business).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom