Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Seeking Brokers section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I believe that the requirement to post the domain name in the "Brokers Wanted" section defeats the purpose of looking for a broker in the first place.

A seller/broker relationship involves a great amount of privacy and a lot of times signing of an NDA. Disclosing the domain that one wants to offer up for brokering should be left between the seller and the selected broker.

Upvote 0

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe that the requirement to post the domain name in the "Brokers Wanted" section defeats the purpose of looking for a broker in the first place.

A seller/broker relationship involves a great amount of privacy and a lot of times signing of an NDA. Disclosing the domain that one wants to offer up for brokering should be left between the seller and the selected broker.

Agree.
I've posted several names in that section but If I have to write my domains in the title is more easy for me sell them directly.

I agree with the privacy problem too.

Is Google index the brokerage section also?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I wanted to make a post about seeking a broker with knowledge of the Japanese market for a domain that I'm getting inquiries and "resistance" about. I can't just post the domain, it'd jeopardize the results I've achieved so far. All forums get indexed within an hour.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks John. The rules were from 2006, time for a change :D

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will change the rules and make the announcement as soon as the staff is ok with this suggestion.

Anything from 2006 or prior that you want to change? We work like uncle Sam and out backlog is still on 2006!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the purpose of posting a domain in title and thread, is so that we can be sure that the OP is not trying to:

1. broker domains he doesn't own
2. broker names which he does not have permission to broker
3. insure that he is not posting these names for sale in another section of the forum.

if you can find a way around those, then feel free to post them

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
OK, but see, I am looking for a broker that fits certain specs, not trying to get a guy sell a domain for me openly on DNForum (we have members that broker for other members on DNForum!)

I think I have a valid request here. My alternative will be to post in the Gold Cafe section and since I won't be posting any domain names it'd not be a violation of the rules. But I'd rather post in the section that active brokers look at.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, but see, I am looking for a broker that fits certain specs, not trying to get a guy sell a domain for me openly on DNForum (we have members that broker for other members on DNForum!)

I think I have a valid request here. My alternative will be to post in the Gold Cafe section and since I won't be posting any domain names it'd not be a violation of the rules. But I'd rather post in the section that active brokers look at.

if you post in Gold cafe, then it will be a posting violation.

so, give a good reason why the rule should be changed, just for your unique situation.

i'm all ears...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can't have it both ways, Don. If you want to act as a force that stifles progress, so be it. I will email Adam directly.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can't have it both ways, Don. If you want to act as a force that stifles progress, so be it. I will email Adam directly.

so since you can't give valid reason to satisfy the request, then you wanna run to Adam.

i wish you much success with that, and if he goes for it, then that's fine with me.

but in the meantime....trying to put yourself above the rules, for your own interest is not progress.

nor is your attempt to try to give the impression to others, that you got some kinda "carte blanc" here.

you're still cool, but imo, you can get in line like everybody else.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Don had a good point.

Looking for a broker is essentially the same thing as selling a domain (which could require the domain name in the title).

Why should this section be different?

I'd support the forum idea - platinum section only (obviously), just wondering about the no domain in title exclusion.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Don, I gave my reasons and why they are valid; on the other hand you insist on inventing reasons to appear "righteous".

My reason is simple: I want to find a capable broker with knowledge in the Japanese market, in a forum where professionals come to share their experience. Who are you to tell me that in order to locate this person, I have to disclose the domain, undermining my own goals?

Saying that I am in danger of dealing in "wares" that I might not own, is pathetic.

Don, you're being a bureaucrat, simple as that.

I will most definitely bring this to the attention of Adam, because you can't stop progress (stressing it again in case you missed that part of my post while trying to pass a proverbial camel thread through a needle's head).

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don, I gave my reasons and why they are valid; on the other hand you insist on inventing reasons to appear "righteous".

My reason is simple: I want to find a capable broker with knowledge in the Japanese market, in a forum where professionals come to share their experience. Who are you to tell me that in order to locate this person, I have to disclose the domain, undermining my own goals?

Saying that I am in danger of dealing in "wares" that I might not own, is pathetic.

Don, you're being a bureaucrat, simple as that.

I will most definitely bring this to the attention of Adam, because you can't stop progress (stressing it again in case you missed that part of my post while trying to pass a proverbial camel thread through a needle's head).

your post and reasons are all about "You", and since I don't see any mention of "We or US", then the suggestion is not about what's best for the forum, but what's best for you.

and that ain't reason enough

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Don, you're on a roll today :) Closed that other thread I started to discuss long domains. Bravo, you just pissed about 20 people off.

I have already PM'ed Adam and you need to cool off your horses because *you* appear to have issues, not me :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don, you're on a roll today :) Closed that other thread I started to discuss long domains. Bravo, you just pissed about 20 people off.

I have already PM'ed Adam and you need to cool off your horses because *you* appear to have issues, not me :)

again, i don't care if you pm, email, call or go by Adam's house.

do what you want, as long as you conform to forum rules.

i'm here to assist in running a business and pissing off someone does not enter the equation when doing the job.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
OK Don, I won't ruin your party, have it your way. Expect the news when the decision is made, don't be too surprised though.

You may close this thread as well, I guess I'll just make a signature image asking for a broker in Japan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom