Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sell your portfolio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to announce our new campaign to match the scorching weather:

NameDrive has long been the premier brokerage house for large domain portfolio sales. Our brokerage team’s years of experience, unparalleled network of industry contacts, and commitment to personal attention has allowed us to broker some of the largest portfolio sales in the industry. Since 2006, NameDrive has brokered portfolios containing over 280,000 domains for totals of over $15.8 million. Until now, our exclusive Broker Select service – now NDX Market Professional Brokerage - has been available to a select few customers. Due to an unprecedented demand from our network of domain buyers however, we’re opening this service up to all domain portfolio owners.

Do you have domains that generate revenue at ANY parking company? If so, the NDX Market Professional Brokerage Team will sell them for 14-48 months worth of revenue, guaranteed. How does it work? Just email broker(@)namedrive.com with a list containing your domains and their parking statistics for the last 30 days. One of our brokers will get back to you within 24 hours with a portfolio quality assessment. After you and your broker have agreed on a portfolio valuation, we will begin to market your domains. We guarantee you that within one week, we’ll have an offer with the range of 14-48 months worth of revenue. For a limited time only, our brokerage team is charging an industry best 5% commission fee only upon a successful sale and transfer.

Email broker(@)namedrive.com and get started today!

You can find more more information and terms on MisterBlogs.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Ed

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ed, with the PPC industry regulating the pipes of revenue, it's laughable to seek monthly multiples at this point. If you plan to broker domains to end-users, I'd be interested.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What with so many of us seeing their ppc rev down as much as 65% vs a few yrs ago I don't see why they would sell good keyword names based only on ppc for no more than 48X and without regard to the potential of the name based on full development and possibly selling a product/service (which is where the real money is).

p.s. I recall the ratio was 8x to 10x years long ago when rev was much higher than now so 14-48 is really low.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree with Theo
surely noones that stupid?

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed, with the PPC industry regulating the pipes of revenue, it's laughable to seek monthly multiples at this point. If you plan to broker domains to end-users, I'd be interested.

Agreed.

Find us some ed users, your take would be larger in those deals anyhow when the name sold for higher than PPC rev multiples...

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I absolutely agree that selling to end users is the holy grail for any portfolio owner and it is also something we do as well as brokering portfolio sales.

However, there are two key points on this:

- We find that the resources we need to put into brokering generic domains to end users mean that it is only feasible for us to do so with premium generic top ccTLDs which we know not everyone out there is lucky enough to possess.

- We have buyers who are ready right away to buy at multiples on traffic revenue, whereas selling to end users can be a process which takes weeks or months. We wanted to open up these resources to a wider audience than we have done in the past.

At the end of the day, any offer made on the portfolio is non-binding, so nobody looking to sell their portfolio stands to lose anything. If we can help join our hungry buyers with eager sellers, then we are more than willing to try.

Ed

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ed, nothing personal, however that's a lot of humbug. And I'd respond in the same manner if Sedo made that offer.

Today's traffic is not the same as yesterday's and partially the PPC companies are to blame: they kept the layouts the same for too long and visitors got accustomed to what a parked domain looks like. So CTR dropped to single digits for most domains. Then your upstream providers started paying you guys less, and therefore we're getting less money squared, for the same amount of traffic.

No, I would not sell generic or brandable domains for monthly multiples while that translates into measly amounts of money. Right now, the answer seems to be content development and creation of brands. The era of typo-traffic is over.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed, nothing personal, however that's a lot of humbug. And I'd respond in the same manner if Sedo made that offer.

Today's traffic is not the same as yesterday's and partially the PPC companies are to blame: they kept the layouts the same for too long and visitors got accustomed to what a parked domain looks like. So CTR dropped to single digits for most domains. Then your upstream providers started paying you guys less, and therefore we're getting less money squared, for the same amount of traffic.

No, I would not sell generic or brandable domains for monthly multiples while that translates into measly amounts of money. Right now, the answer seems to be content development and creation of brands. The era of typo-traffic is over.

Agreed, well done Theo - you know your $hit! These PPC companies can use a guy like you to wake them up!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today's traffic is not the same as yesterday's and partially the PPC companies are to blame: they kept the layouts the same for too long and visitors got accustomed to what a parked domain looks like.

I believe most of the parking firms have done a fairly good job with nice looking landing pages (some of which resemble a website) with the notable exception of Sedo and Domain Sponsor whos plain and ugly pages looked the same for many years and never did look even remotely good. In fact, the DS landers have been just plain terrible for ages and are easily recognized by the public as a parking page.

p.s. Personally, I like the ND pages

Last edited:

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

If you plan to broker domains to end-users, I'd be interested.[/QUOTE] me too

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are working with one of my portfolios.... Let's see what they come up with. Portfolio includes (all .coms)

inspection
assurance
testing
qaqc
qualitycontrol
verification

These are the gems of a 150 plus niche portfolio.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Acro,

I'm not sure which bit is humbug. We have dealt with traffic sales for 4 years and we have plenty of very knowledgeable buyers aware of the permutations of the PPC industry.

I appreciate that this service may not appeal to you personally, but the large amount of interest we have received by mail so far shows that we are providing a service that people are interested in. As I said, if you anybody is interested in making use of this offer, then they can get in touch and we are happy to provide the link between buyers and sellers at a time when we are seeing a lot of activity and demand in the market.

Ed

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't doubt your knowledge but I am questioning the value of this offer, based on the simple fact that the PPC industry is paying 60% to 80% less than what it did 12-18 months ago. In other words, you're offering less money - or "panic money" as I'd like to call it.

I believe most of the parking firms have done a fairly good job with nice looking landing pages (some of which resemble a website) with the notable exception of Sedo and Domain Sponsor whos plain and ugly pages looked the same for many years and never did look even remotely good. In fact, the DS landers have been just plain terrible for ages and are easily recognized by the public as a parking page.

p.s. Personally, I like the ND pages

The only one with potential to build pages that do not resemble parking sites is WhyPark/Parked (both offer independent solutions despite being under the same umbrella nowadays). Sedo has been sitting on its laurels too long, NameDrive does the same with its templates. As for the argument that less eye-candy converts better, that's highly debatable. I brought this up at TRAFFIC 2008 asking parking companies what's planned ahead with regards to content-enabled sites, only to be shunned; then all of a sudden the buzzword turned out to be "development".

Last edited:

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro is absolutely on target with his statements. The days of selling a domain based on traffic revenue has passed along side the mortgage fiasco...

Quality and domain potential are king in today's environment...

At best yours is koolaid pitch...and unlikely you will have any long term success...just my 2 coppers

Hi Acro,

I'm not sure which bit is humbug. We have dealt with traffic sales for 4 years and we have plenty of very knowledgeable buyers aware of the permutations of the PPC industry.

I appreciate that this service may not appeal to you personally, but the large amount of interest we have received by mail so far shows that we are providing a service that people are interested in. As I said, if you anybody is interested in making use of this offer, then they can get in touch and we are happy to provide the link between buyers and sellers at a time when we are seeing a lot of activity and demand in the market.

Ed

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't doubt your knowledge but I am questioning the value of this offer, based on the simple fact that the PPC industry is paying 60% to 80% less than what it did 12-18 months ago. In other words, you're offering less money - or "panic money" as I'd like to call it.

The only one with potential to build pages that do not resemble parking sites is WhyPark/Parked (both offer independent solutions despite being under the same umbrella nowadays). Sedo has been sitting on its laurels too long, NameDrive does the same with its templates. As for the argument that less eye-candy converts better, that's highly debatable. I brought this up at TRAFFIC 2008 asking parking companies what's planned ahead with regards to content-enabled sites, only to be shunned; then all of a sudden the buzzword turned out to be "development".

I know, when I said NameDrive pages are good I was only comparing them to pages from Sedo and Domain Sponsor and agree fully the best ones (I have personally used) are from WhyPark which are significantly better. However, the problem with WhyPark is revenue which I have found to be quite poor and well below the monthly fee so they are operating in the red :eek: even with 1,163 visits and 2,700 pg views over last 30-days.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

despite the critics of ND's offer, many are STILL buying and selling based on those multiples mentioned.

as a matter of fact, most of the offers that i receive on traffic/revenue domains which i post here on the forum, have all been in those ranges or less.

that's also the main reason why i haven't sold any, based on those offers. ;)

most view those ranges as acceptable for any traffic/rev name and don't seperate generic from tm or typo.

all they see is the revenue and don't consider the intrinsic value of the domain itself.

some do it because they don't know better and some do it hoping that the owners of the domains they are trying to buy... don't know better.

however, i think the changes that ppc services have went thru because of economics, feed changes, poor performance, limited templates, images, etc are what all new services will go thru as they transition.

we can only blame ourselves for sticking with these companies, thru the good and bad times, when they do or don't produce to our satisfaction.

still, what ND is offering is within the variance of multiples used in the reseller market at this time, and on some other venues those ranges are standard.

i think those who view this offer should just see it for what it is, and either take it or pass as usual.

imo...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This isn't 2002-2003 anymore. I made several business mistakes back then; sold domains for minimal profit & quick "panic cash" for 1/10th of their current reseller market value. I'd advise everyone to stick to their guns and avoid selling their assets for less than fair market value, which is determined by the end-user market. The 5 and 6 figure sales that make the news headlines aren't necessarily fantastic domains; they are most often deals that came to fruition through strong negotiation skills. Of course, I can't stop anyone from selling their traffic domains for "14-48" months of revenue at a low point in the PPC industry. But smart people learn from their mistakes and from the mistakes of others ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom