Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Seller backs out !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
06/23/06 Agreement reached
06/28/06 We have received full payment for this domain. Please await further instructions from your transfer agent. It is often the case that we have to go through certain preliminary stages with the seller in order to prepare the domain for transfer, so please be patient during this period.

Today, more than a week after the agreement was reached, I got an email from sedo staff saying the seller accidently sold the wrong name:der: and wishes to cancel the transaction.

I'm shocked that the seller thinks he can get away with this. Is it possible to take legal actions against the seller? how should I proceed? :help:

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you are entitled to the domain, since both you and the seller accepted the domain sales contract and Sedo's terms of service.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Accidentally sold the wrong name? Does that mean the seller "purposefully sold the right name?"

Sounds a bit weird to me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think I will accidentally not recommend Sedo for parking anymore. That'd be 700 less domains.

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Salient said:
Accidentally sold the wrong name? Does that mean the seller "purposefully sold the right name?"

Sounds a bit weird to me.

"The seller told us that he has made a mistake by entering the wrong the domain
name. He doesn\'t want to sell *****. "

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
some guy in the sedo thread before you was asking how to get out of a sale if he just changed his mind, same time, the buyer there also already paid, Coincidence??

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainah said:
some guy in the sedo thread before you was asking how to get out of a sale if he just changed his mind, same time, the buyer there also already paid, Coincidence??

Probably a coincidence.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can get the seller details from sedo when such case happens.
sedo will provide you necessary info if you decide to pursue through legal way.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to say.. "What is the Point?" Sedo do nothing about these sellers and buyers who back out.

I am of the opinion that a deal is not a deal until such time as money has exchanged hands.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes u can take legal action against them . Sedo will provide you with the details of the seller. Mostly it will be there in the contract form in transaction history or so.

It would be interesting to see if the seller or Sedo pays u the expenses atlest ? Ask them it would be good to see there response.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In the case of a buyer walking out the sale for a 5-digit transaction, when Sedo provided me with their contact info it was simply someone else's information that had nothing to do with the purchase.

Beware, scammers will do whatever it takes. Use Escrow.com for a safe transaction or Moniker.

-netPH-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
care to share what domain it is so we could be aware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom