Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Selling a domain on sedo auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wanted to list a domain on a sedo auction with a reserve and emailed them at [email protected] but still no reply for a few days.

Is there a way to speed this up? Any sedo reps here?

Also I understand their fee is 10%, do I pay anything if the domain wasn't sold?

still no reply.. any idea how long it takes?

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Michael,

PM me the domain - I will speak to a broker directly and get back to you.

Best,

Tom

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I have been trying to contact sedo broker to start reserve auctions, but no body ever gotten back to me.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Michael-

So..what did she say?...what is the process....is there a fee involved if it doesnt sell?...is there a way to do this online at Sedo's site?....

Michael-

So..what did she say?...what is the process....is there a fee involved if it doesnt sell?...is there a way to do this online at Sedo's site?....

floyd777

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've had just an okay success rate with sedo. I had a transaction for a domain name that the sedo cancelled on behalf of the buyer. I've another domain name that is right now under sale but it's been 7 days since the buyer has "initiated" a transfer request and I still haven't got any notification (and my email is correct).

I've submitted many names to sedo in the past for auctioning (without having an offer first) and not once have they put a single domain name on auction (names that later sold for $900 were considered not good enough to list even for $250).

Not sure what is going on here..

Floyd

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Michael-

Michael-

Hey Tony!

If it doesn't sell there is no fee, if it sells they take 10%
You can also put your domain on a sedo auction if you get an offer, but then that offer is the reserve.

Here are their guidelines for the broker auctions:

Our broker assisted auctions are reserved for premium domain names which meet the following criteria:
*short and easy to spell
*generic
*preferably English and one word
*preferably .com, .net, .org, .co.uk and .de
*category owning and descriptive
*high traffic and revenue

~MG

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks MG....i wonder what they consider high traffic and revenue?...any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom