Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Selling .ca to Government-sales history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone sold any .ca to any provincial or federal government offices. If you did (and can discuss) or if you know of any sales please post or PM me.

Yes I got contacted by a government official but we'll see how it goes but any past sales history info would be appreciated.

Thanks
db

Domain Days 2024

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pm sent

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've sold two .ca's to the same provincial government under ND. What I can say is - big pain in the arse dealing with government entities.

I've got another still ongoing - six months and counting! :upset:

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whitebark, thanks for the feedback.

I'm guessing it will be a painful process (if it happens) since the person I talked to said they had to discuss any purchase with their boss. I never mentioned a price (I'm trying to back up any offer with some facts) so I'll keep looking for more info.

Most of my .ca to end users (not on forums) have been in the low $XXX range (I can back that up easily). I'm trying to collect some .ca domain to gov info (that I don't have).

Thanks
db

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm a Fed. Public Servant (IM/IT Manager) and former Supplier to the Fed. Govt - and I can say from experience from both sides of the fence - it's usually slow to get most anything done.

There are many reasons for this, ranging from grosse incompetence to lack of corporate knowledge transfer with high staff turn-over and thus a re-invention of the wheel each time someone is hired to do a job, with the learning curve starting all over again - both causes of great delays I see on a daily basis inside Govt.

I've never sold a domain to any Govt, just have been threatened by the Fed. Govt to have them take a name of mine (which I still have with years gone by and no action by the Govt to their threat after I told them to go learn what a WIPO is (lol, knowing the person did not have the ability to do so)), but can give a tangential example of the 'speed of public service': It went from avg 9 months to hire someone in Fed Govt to 12 months within the last couple years.

Even most techies I talk with inside the Fed. Govt don't know much about domains.

As in life as is in domaining, patience is a virtue. I too would look forward to hearing about your results whenever they may be concluded.

Best of Luck & Success in All Your Endeavours!

PS:
At least you know their cheques will be good.

Assuming they spell your name right! LOL!

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are many reasons for this, ranging from grosse incompetence to lack of corporate knowledge transfer with high staff turn-over and thus a re-invention of the wheel each time someone is hired to do a job, with the learning curve starting all over again - both causes of great delays I see on a daily basis inside Govt.

I've never sold a domain to any Govt, just have been threatened by the Fed. Govt to have them take a name of mine

Assuming they spell your name right! LOL!

Exactly what I dealt with, and am dealing with again. The latest deal started with their threat of taking my geo .ca. They even had some lawyer call and threaten me with monetary damages - I told him to suck an egg. They backed down and low-balled. I countered and it's been back and forth since. I've dealt with three different contacts as the previous two have been transfered elsewhere. Highly frustrating, but their money is good and every little bit helps! And they did spell my name wrong on the first go, good thing the bank accepted it anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom