Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Selling Domain Names (noob here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anat

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been a web publisher for nine years now. I have dozens of developed sites of various sizes, and about 100 undeveloped domain names. I bought them for projects I ended up not carrying out. Some I bought because I thought they could be brandable (four letters, prounouncable).

I wonder now about selling some of them. I don't mind hanging on to them, until I get around to development but at the same time, if someone were to make me a good offer, I may as well sell.

So, I was thinking about putting it up for sale, maybe on Sedo or Moniker, ask for the price at which I think it's worth it for me to sell, and see what comes up.

Of the two, which is better? Moniker or Sedo (I am not looking to profit from parking - these domains have little to none type in traffic)?

I had a look at Moniker's marketplace yesterday, and seems to me like most prices are fairly high. Do people actually pay these prices? Is there a place where I can see the actual recent deals carried out on that market place?

Coderea

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can also try posting here and see what are the offers you are getting..and if it sounds good..you can crack a deal.!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you domains have been developed and have history & link juice you should also compile traffic stats. Good traffic is worth money.

Anat

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know all about traffic - if they have that, then I probably won't be selling them (definitely not as domains - maybe as websites ;) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom