Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Selling domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

utuxia

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've listed several domains on sedo.com, afternic.com, bido.com and flippa.com

I find flippa to be the only site where I get any bids, but it is $19 per listing.

I listed domains on sedo.com but I can't find them in the search results.

What's the typical waiting period before you get an offer on a domain name with these services?

utuxia

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found sedo to be basically useless since my domains don't even show up in their search results.

They have times setup for certain "auctions" that take place, but apparently they don't support namecheap. I'm assuming that's how your domain gets into their search results.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most of my domains are listed with Sedo, and I sell some from time to time. However, I should add that I also park my domains with Sedo. So it is difficult to tell whether the offers are coming from visitors to these parked pages or from people browsing the Sedo domain listings. I've recommended to Sedo that they provide data to us users about offer sources (i.e. parked page or Sedo site). We'll see if they ever implement that suggestion.

Recently GoDaddy Auctions has started producing offers for me as well. But it has taken me 9 months to get 1/3 of my domains listed effectively at GoDaddy due to an ongoing glitch that nobody on their end seems to be able to figure out. That 1/3 of my portfolio just showed up in the last month; so I don't have much to go on.

I guess what I'm saying is that these other platforms can and do produce sales -- given enough domains of enough quality, appropriate pricing, and enough time.

I have no experience to speak from with Bido or Flippa. Take my comments for what they're worth.

utuxia

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think bido has some of the best deals if you're a buyer. Not great for selling though, as it requires 10 votes to even get your domain in the auction.
I still don't know why I can't find my parked domains in sedo listings. Did you have to send them to auction first for yours to show up?

I only started listing domain names about a week ago with sedo, bido, flippa, godaddy, etc. So I guess I have to be patient.

I do like afternic -- so far they seem to be the only service that will actually push your domains to auctions.

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is flippa just for actual websites or can one sell strictly domain names there?

utuxia

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, at flippa you can do domain-only listings. It is still the regular $19 rate.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Another site I came across was devsa.com which looked promising, but from what I can tell they've been dead for over a year now. Their last tweet was back in August.

elevatoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why not try to sell your domains here, hence you have the chance with your subscription category; give it a try, many people sells theirs here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom