Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Selling on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone sold a big site on eBay? Does that work? How can you keep people from backing out or false bidding? What kind of guarentees do you get? Anyone, anyone, bueller?

MI6

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes. I would like to know too.

After selling the site, the buyer may just want a refund?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me put it this way, there is a 99% chance you will get a better price and an honest buyer by selling through DNF, or another online forum than selling through Ebay.

Right now there is so much crap on Ebay, it is basically useless to list a good and expensive site there.

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes i agree with GT unless its a really nice site with lots of traffic dont bother only high value sites actually get a good selling price all others get lost in the listings.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll agree. I ocasionaly do list a few domains and/or sites at ebay, and find that 99% of the time, it is much safer and beter to go through DNF instead.
Ebay lost its status as a site for domains years ago.
Useless (mostly) domains, and peculiar listings.
I'd stay away.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's just the thing. It IS a high traffic site, with an Alexa about the same as whatismyip.com (but an actual revenue model as well). So I'm looking at sales like that one that apparently went through at eBay for a huge amount, and thinking it might be worth a shot.

Complete Hostings said:
Yes i agree with GT unless its a really nice site with lots of traffic dont bother only high value sites actually get a good selling price all others get lost in the listings.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are some changes to selling at ebay that allow you to place restrictions on your site. You can check off boxes that will not allow people with negative feedback or previous unpaid purchases to bid on your listing.

However, this does not stop newbies that just registered to come in and bid on your listing without paying.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about joke or malicious bidding? I hear about that all the time, and from what I understand at eBay once the transaction is over they automatically take their cut. Would hate have eBay take tons of $ from us and have a deal fall through....

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, then you have to play the 7 day waiting period game, file a non paying bidder ... and wait wait wait and wait some more for your money to be refunded.

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sold a few domains on Ebay. I had a few non-paying bidders too. Yes, Ebay refunds all fees if You use their non-paying bidder program. It is my experience that Ebay is not the place to auction domains: Your domain is lost between all the others. If You pay for featuring, it's just the same: Lost between the featured domains. Unfortunately, this counts also for most domain selling webs: Getting featured changes nearly nothing. I found that buyers were well-instructed people, who knew exactly what to look for. I think daily domain trade is for people who know what and where to look for: Keywords in the domain name - Keywords in the web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom