Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

= selling trademark products with trademark name

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as legal issues grow and the less time that I have to read, im confused about trademarked products.

I have permission to sell trademarked products from a NON-trademarked domain. I had bought a domain a while back that was quite similar to the trademark owner.

If i were to sell the trademarked products on a "closely-resembled" trademarked domain name, would this be ok? Surely i would not put any other competitor on the site and would only sell those trademarked products on the "closely-resembled" trademarked domain. i dont see any harm in this as the trademarked owner didnt purchase the "closely-resembled" domain name.

Was this name left available so that they could use this situation to be promoted for free in the news in case they come after it? (that is if this "closely-resembled" trademarked name is actually tradmarked).

Example:

Trademark name: "house"

Domain name i own: "housework", "housechore", etc.

and is this any different from www.ilovetodomyworkonmicrosoftsoftware.com ?

thank you in advance.

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was this name left available so that they could use this situation to be promoted for free in the news in case they come after it? (that is if this "closely-resembled" trademarked name is actually tradmarked).

Not likely... its costs min. $5k to go after a name with a lawyer involved... if they wanted to they would have just registered it.

You have permission to sell the product, but I doubt they would give you permission to sell it on a confusingly similar name. You are just asking for trouble... unless you can get it in writing that it is ok from them, and from their legal dept, not just some low end clerk...even then its not worth the risk imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom