Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Senate Passes Kids.US - Huge Boost for .US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The United States Senate today passed a bill creating the Kids.US domain on the internet. This will be a huge boost to the .US extension as children will be visiting sites on it from a very early age. It now goes to President Bush to be signed!

This could be a home run for .US fans who have been looking a few years down the line.

Here's the link:

http://reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=politicsnews&StoryID=1742204

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You beat me to it DUKE !
Great news. .. Bush will sign it !

.US has just became the hottest extension !
Holy smokes I cant believe it !

Dont want to say told you so..But ....:)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you see NO chat rooms... no linking outside the the .Kids.Us ..

these are just the types of rules if they can pull it off that makes it a viable solution for a "kid safe " zone....

Gumby

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what about the rest of the kids on earth? couldn't this have been done with kids.com instead?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why instead ? .com is a commercial extension..

This will lead other countries to enact similiar legislation in their own countries ..gives EACH country that opportunity to determine for themselves what is or isnt appropriate based ontheir own culture and beliefs

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In otheor words Steve, instead of US once again forcing it self upon the rest of the world..US lead by example..

Each Country needs to take the responsibilty for itself..

this is a good thing IMO...

Gumby

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes yes, it is a great start... I suppose kids.us would be much easier to control and monitor than .com.us anyway. I forget, .com is commercial :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Bid, I was wondering how you felt about this news. You're not excited are you? :)

I guess I'd better get busy and find a few more names tonite!

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SteveK
what about the rest of the kids on earth? couldn't this have been done with kids.com instead?

The reason .kids.us works, is because of the US nexus requirement for .us. This means US law can be enforced on anyone, anywhere within the .us TLD by US authorities.

M

mole

Originally posted by adoptabledomains

The reason .kids.us works, is because of the US nexus requirement for .us. This means US law can be enforced on anyone, anywhere within the .us TLD by US authorities.

Another reason why spammers should stay away from using throwaway registrations on .US. :D

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like this idea. I'm not sure what it does for .us speculation, if anything. But it will be fun to get a few .kids.us domains once they come available. :)

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is what is called True Speculation... Its hard to imagine that down the road whoever gets Games.Kids.US would not be interested in GamesKids.US....!!

Here's my speculative list for Kids.US...

BrightKids.us
BooksKids.us
BoysKids.us
EmailKids.us
GirlsKids.us
GolfKids.us
HealthKids.us
HomeworkKids.us
PostersKids.us
LearnKids.us
ListenKids.us
MailKids.us
MeetKids.us
MusicKids.us
RadioKids.us
ReadKids.us
ShopKids.us
StoreKids.us
TalkKids.us
TeachKids.us
ToysKids.us
TvKids.us
WriteKids.us

Only time will tell if these couple of hundred $$ are down the drain or good investment!!

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My kids only know dot com. They don't follow congress.

Amen.

But, your kids are going to grow up and will be followed by those who'd know more than .com in the same way your kids know .com but you probably didn't even know what the internet was when you're growing up!!

Time is Change....and if there's anything certain in life....its Change.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DryHeat, I hope people don't pick up the mindset you're trying to capitalize on, that if you have store.kids.us you need to also have storekids.us (and storekids.com and storekidsus.com, ad nauseam)... it's thinking like this that undermines any effort to turn domain names into a logically structured namespace, instead of a battleground between speculators and the trademark lobby to see who can grab the most namespace. It defeats the purpose of adding new TLDs, or new subdomains to register under (like kids.us) if a mindset exists that anyone who uses one name needs to also grab everything even remotely similar to it... then, instead of the new names adding more possibilities for new use, it just adds to the expense of those who feel they must "protect" their existing names.

Gregr, I hope your kids learn that the proper address for the White House site is in a .gov, not a .com domain... the other one probably is not appropriate for them. :)

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
but in this instance, you're bit off the mark...in that, YES I'm speculating on the assumption "that if you have store.kids.us you need to also have storekids.us" simply because of this "DOT" thingy between Store & Kids and the phenomenon of type-ins...especially, when you're talking of young kids. But, NO, I'm not even remotely thinking that you also need "storekids.com and storekidsus.com, ad nauseam". That would make no sense to me at all; may be others would think differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom