Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEO issue, I've never had this issue in the past, domain name not listing on google

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SEO issue, I've never had this issue in the past, domain name not listing on google.ca

Anyone have an idea to why my blog is not indexing on google.ca?

It's listed on google.com but when the search is done on google.ca for "word + word" it list other sites except mine.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Probably because Google.ca gives emphasis to .ca domains and someone else owns the .ca.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mention "eh" a few times in your copy and you will get a better ranking.

It helps knowing what site you're actually talking about.

What Acro said is spot on.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This happened on some sites i had before. These were all .com but I wanted to rank them in google."cctld". Initially they ranked well and then the 'google dance' kicked them to page 9 or so, only to come back to initial ranking position after 1-2 weeks. Might be because the site is new with none or few backlinks.

Seems like you blog is indexed in google.ca: http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&sclient....,cf.osb&fp=644fa16af44f6589&biw=1280&bih=622

Nomzo

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google has different data centers across the world, what you see from one data center may be differ from another. If your query relates to a new post, give a few more hours and check again. Other possibilities include that the content is duplicated and another website has been credited as the original source (you usually see a message along the lines of "In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the XXX already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included."
)

While doing a site: command I noticed your Toronto domainer site is using rich snippets, however the mark up is hidden to users, so Google will likely remove the rich snippets displaying in the search result once your site is manually reviewed. Though, this has no impact on rankings or indexation ;)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you type site:yourdomain.com in google.ca does it show up ?
If it does the name is not banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom