Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEO question about keyword tool, matching domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunja

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy two domains (1 registered since 2005), three words, dot com, containing the word "poker" and no hyphens. keyword tool shows ~1500 exact searches.

For the main two word phrase of the domains there are 13,000 exact matches (eg I'm buying FreePokerStuff.com and "poker stuff" has 13k exacts while "free poker stuff" has 1k. That's not the domain but you get idea)

The reason I would buy them would be to develop the sites, but this relies on getting highly ranked for the domain phrases on the Googles.

The problem is that google do have those domains currently in their index and they are waaaay down in the results for those key phrases. Like not even in top ten pages.

Previously I have managed to rank number one eg GeekWallpapers.com for "geek wallpapers" but that was a fresh reg so new to Google.

Any thoughts on whether this is worth going after, or will it be a long slog to crawl back up the rankings to page one? The keyword tool shows no 'competition' for those phrases. 5 million results, 900k in quotes, and 27 million/1.5 million for the other domain.

Your input appreciated greatly as always.

Soofi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's never too easy to get ranked on first few pages of google, however with the top-notch content and keywords placed in proper manner, you can definitely get it to rank well on Google. I have got few of my sites recently built and were parked earlier getting regular traffic from google due to high rankings & regular content update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom