Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

server legal issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is a pretty complex case, basically, my server host deleted ALL my files by going into my server and manually terminating all my account!

How did it start?

Since i bought the server, they claimed to manage the server fully, since i got the server it crashed 2 times, apache failed 35 times, and i got name server error over 250 times, i had to alert them of the server crashes till they did something about it, they did nothing about the rest, i had to fix the apache myself several times. All this when i had bought full server management at $35 /mo from them. This month when the server crashed i had a really long down time, i alerted them alot of times and finally they did something about it, then i refused to pay for server management, because they clearly did nothing to the server except at the start they secured cpanel, that's it, i had paid 4-5 month of server management and i had to do the rest, i even hired a indian server admin company to fix the nameservers issue myself and install xpanel, he also secured the server properly too.

Because i refused to pay for the server management, they deleted ALL my files from the server by going into whm and terminating each account one by one, i said i will back charge the server management fees i paid and didn't receive and this month's server fees, they threatened to sue me $1,000 per backcharge!

During the course of this, they have changed their statements of the meaning of server management many times, before i signed up it was to manage my server and optimize apache to make the sites run faster, one week ago they said server management is only when the server goes corrupt or requires immediate attention if it's hacked which wasn't the reason i signed up for. I have all their emails, i want to know should i backcharge all the money i paid to them till now? (4-5 month worth of server rental + server management) or just backcharge the server management? because i had no access to the server since i refused to pay for the server management, they took all administrator access away from me blackmailing me into paying for the service, i never expected them to delete the files off (although they did threaten to do so) the server without my permission after i had fully paid for the server! so i wasn't able to transfer my files onto my other servers and lost about 25 websites...

This isn’t a very big company, it’s most likely a guy behind a pc web hosting company!

Suggestions?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest, if you know that this "company" is just a guy behind a PC, then sueing him is just a waste of time and YOUR money. I see that you are reselling web hosting yourself, and should know very well that you get what you pay for. I would focus more on securing a more reliable provider instead. Good luck.

By the way, you should be running *some* backup of your clients' files in a regular manner too.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is to let everyone know who this host is and run to a more reputable host.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNGeeks said:
My suggestion is to let everyone know who this host is and run to a more reputable host.

Please let eveyone know who this host is. I also suggest posting a thread on www.webhostingtalk.com about this issue.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't back anything up from 3 weeks ago since he blocked my ssh and whm access, i had a backup of files on another hard drive on the same server, all deleted now. I didn't know he was a one man band till very recently having checked up on him, i will backcharge him first then i will make a detailed post about his fraudulent actions.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't back anything up from 3 weeks ago since he blocked my ssh and whm access, i had a backup of files on another hard drive on the same server, all deleted now. I didn't know he was a one man band till very recently having checked up on him, i will backcharge him first then i will make a detailed post about his fraudulent actions.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would chargeback the entire payment you gave him. Let him sue and if he does counter-sue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom