Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ServerMatrix ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm considering moving to "servermatrix" and am impressed with their pricing for managed 24/7 support dedicated servers.

Has anyone had experience with them?

Good-Bad otherwise?

You can pm if you don't feel comfortable posting...

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My server is at SM. Although I suppose it is managed I am really not technical at all, so I have a server admin manage it.

So I can't speak for their customer service, but uptime seems good.

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Top notch service, very professional and one of the best alternatives in current dedicated market. I have around 10+ servers at SM and when compared with EV1 where I also have quite a few servers, it comes out as the clear winner.

Good Luck !

NW

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It takes forever to get them to respond to the ticket support system. Many times the respond with stupid responses that require more communication. If you need to speak with them about something important, you better call them.

RMF

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
also, their managed servers are basically not really managed, just a script that alerts you if the server is not responding, some patches etc...

You definately need a server admin on top of that.

also check managed.com
I am currently looking for a dedicated server but still havent found one that is really 'managed', sort of like having the admin built into the price.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
but their support seems slow compare to theplanet
Isn't SM ThePlanet?

also check managed.com
I am currently looking for a dedicated server but still havent found one that is really 'managed', sort of like having the admin built into the price.

Apparently managed.com isn't that great..
For a real server admin you're looking at $50-$150+ (extra) a month.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, even at those rates, why cant a company offer a server admin and add it to the price???
It maked life much easier for everyone, as the admin and the server work for the same company, and can probably help more that way.
It is so simple of a concept, I just cant understand why all these server companies dont do it...
Well, i did find one for $900/month, which was outrageous, and was located in the Carribean somewhere (at least the company)

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there anything I should request regarding partitions on the server? I heard none are alike and its best to tell them in advance.

Second, I'm looking into the server, does anyone use the Celeron or P4 with good results?

Thanks

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are many server resellers who provide administration services.

If you have a mid sized budget, go for the gold.
www.rackspace.com

Their support and network is apparently top notch.

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SM is a division of ThePlanet catering lower end market.

SM servers are semi-managed meaning that you either need to know server administration yourself or get an admin for $100-$150 per month. We have however had good results with reboot requests and other minor queries in terms of reply times. If your issue is urgent though, your best bet is to give them a call.

For performance go with a P4 and have at least 1 GB RAM. Partioning is not the most important issue to worry about if you are going to use it for your own sites.

NW

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had a few people tell me that it may be best to go with reseller first to get me feeling comfortable.

So I'm also going to put out there any reviews of Host Gator? They seem to have exactly what I need in the shared version.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom