Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEs crawling Exclusive Domains for Sale Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is intended or if I was just misled but I took the Exclusive Domains for Sale Forum as one that all members could see but SE bots were excluded from crawling.

Anyway, I've seen several of these threads listed in search engines and I specifically posted a sale in that forum to avoid that.

Just figured I'd get that out here in case you weren't aware.
If you guys did know about it you might think about editing the Exclusive Main Category description as it states SEs can't index those forums. ;)

Upvote 0

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought anyone without an exclusive membership couldn't access those forums anyway?

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe after the server switch some setting was overlooked. Checking into this now, thanks for the notice.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, for clarification, there's two Exclusive Sales forums:

Exclusive Domains for Sale
Exclusive domains for sale section. This section is open to exclusive members to post domains for sale which are viewable by all members.
(and search engines)

Exclusive Sales
This section will be emptied the first of each month to ensure no history exists on sales posted here.
(not viewable by either SE's or non-Exclusive members)
(and I notice that they need to be cleaned out, been a while, I will do this shortly but that's besides the main point here)

Hope this gives better clarification.

I will add the verbage about:
"viewable by all members (and search engines)"

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This very moment, this very thread is being crawled by the search engines :D :D :D

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I changed the setting for unregistered / not logged in and corrected the verbiage.

Exclusive domains for sale section. This section is open to Exclusive Members to post domains for sale which are viewable by all logged-in members.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yep, truth is that the Se's can pick up a lot, so don't go posting if you don't want it crawled period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom