Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

setting up a forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingdon

I have a customer who wants me to set up a forum for them. Nothing like what we have here with auctions and notifications, just a plain old posting site with different categories.

I have seen this forum in different places, cookie cutter forums. So I know this system isn't unique except for the forums themselves. Where do you buy the program and how much does it cost. I just want to load it to my server , make 8 categories, and let the people have their way with it. Any one have any info that would help me?

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
vBulletin costs around $160 to buy, but is very well supported.

InvisionBoard would have to be the simplest forum to install and runs very well. It is also well supported.

Another to consider is phpbb2.

Lats...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
in my opinion, invision is much better than phpbb regsardless of phpbb being a larger community

invision has loads of features standard that you need to add large modifications to a phpbb board to get - for example attachments

K

kingdon

Thanks guys, they all look so good. I'm amazed what you can get for free these days, thanks for all your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom