Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.sg (Singapore) domain transfer ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMac

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if someone was successful in a .sg domain transfer. There is currently a discussion in the german Sedo forum about problems to transfer the ownership after a sale. http://www.sedo.de/forum/?task=showthread&thread=24763&tmp=&tracked=&partnerid=&language=d

Sgnic states, that it's not possible to sell a .sg domain:http://sgnic.sg/pdf/rppg.pdf
"13. Effects of Registration of Domain Names
13.1 The registrant has the right to use the domain name but not the right to own it. As such, the registrant does not have the right to sell or transfer the
domain name to any party whether for profit or otherwise."

Any experiences?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If that's what it says, I guess it must be true. Mind you, .sg names are like .in; you're better off with a .com.sg which is the mainstream use of the domain. Regards ownership of any domain; I don't think anyone 'owns' any domain per se; you're only paying a feee for exclusive use of any domain AFAIK, but in most cases, except obviously the one you cite above, those rights of tenure are transferrable for a consideration -- in real terms; you 'own' them as long as you're in compliance with the registrar's TOS and paying the registration fee, and you can sell that 'ownership' on. I know I'll get shot down royally here if I'm wrong :)

Welcome to DNF!

MadMac

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
Welcome to DNF!
Thanks...I'm reading here for quite some time :-D.

I don't think it matters if it's a com.sg or a straight one. The big buzz from beginning of this year lead a lot of speculators to buy .sg domains. Now its getting interesting if they are able to sell or not..... :clown:.

Cheers,
Mac
we.sg, me.sg

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The acid test is to see what's available under .com.sg -versus- what's available under straight.sg -- that'll tell you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom