Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Shall I stick to Sedo or move to namedrive or NS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoGen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have very few domains parked at Sedo, I am getting decent traffic and some revenue. My December Revenue / CTR from few of my domains:

Domain | Views | Clicks | Click rate | €/Click | Revenue
Domain1 | 226 | 15 | 6.64% | €0.45 | €6.68
Domain2 | 401 | 40 | 9.98% | €0.15 | €6.05
Domain3 | 48 | 4 | 8.33% | €0.29 | €1.18
Domain 4 |167 | 4 | 2.40% | €0.14 | €0.56

My question is, with above CTR and revenue, shall I continue with Sedo or move to namedrive or DS.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Also let me know, if its appropriate to post stats like above.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Your CTR is low. Keep the higher PPC at Sedo and try the rest with NameDrive.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would keep domain 1 and 2 at sedo for a whilelonger ,but move # 3 and # 4 to Namedrive and see how they are doing there in the same time period ( after you optimized them)

NeoGen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many thanks for all the responses.

Another question, What will you term as a decent traffic, CTR and PPC.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain sponsor ... or bust

namemojo

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain sponsor ... or bust

Sorry, disagree. had very bad experience with Domainsponsor. Going much better at Sedo. Having siad that, has anyone tried the parking program advertised on the forum, parked.com???

NeoGen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
okay...

I am lost now and a bit confused too. Not sure where to go. I am still looking answer to my question "What will you term as a decent traffic, Click rate and €/Click"

Is a €/Click of .45 decent? or can it be further optimized by parking domains at DS or NS similarly what would be optimal Click rate, Is 7% a good CTR

Really appreciate all help.

Thanks

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
okay...

I am lost now and a bit confused too. Not sure where to go. I am still looking answer to my question "What will you term as a decent traffic, Click rate and €/Click"

Is a €/Click of .45 decent? or can it be further optimized by parking domains at DS or NS similarly what would be optimal Click rate, Is 7% a good CTR

Really appreciate all help.

Thanks
imho 7 percent is a bad ctr for most domains, but some domains fit in categories where they mean different things so a auto optimizing system might improve ctr substantially, 45 cents may be a great rate per click or horrible depending on the keywords, if its for mortgages loans then you could do better. Best is to try them at different place to see who pays best. another thing to consider is the orgin of the traffic which can effect payouts substantially.
there are no pat answers in parking because there are so many variables like traffic orgin, keywords, optimization, does traffic convert for advertisers etc

another example of 7 percent ctr which might be a good conversion, is if the domain was a previous site with backlinks to a previous site so if it was, 7 percent might be a good conversion, or if people are confusing your name with another site ie misspell or similar it would be good too.

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just try them all at different providers. All you can lose is revenue of a few days, but there is a lot more to gain.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fatter has hit the nail on the head !
try the others , and make up your own mind .. each provider will have different results with different domain/keywords.

I still strongly reccommend Domain Sponsor.. it takes a few days for a domain to auto optimize there , but it is usually well worth the wait.

A good idea is to read all the anti-sedo threads here and pro DS threads ( there is a reason for that .... sedo sucks.... low ctr and low rpc ) , but as always there are exceptions to the rule .... so play around yourself .

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All those replies are subjective. You can only understand whether %7 CTR is decent or not by experience and none of these parkers can answer your questions throughly.

CTR - clicks/views - It tends to low for generic names, typos of search engines or portal type names which has everything in it. However, on the other side these type of names tend to have high traffic.

I suggest you make some research regarding the history of those names and try to understand what people are looking for by typing your domain. If it is a European domain SEDO would perform better than others. If it is US try DS or ND. After having hold the domains in one PPC provider look at the RPM of them. RPM - Revenue per Mille - earning per 1000 views.

Don't expect an easy answer from foreigners. There are gazillions of thread who compares PPC providers and they are just waste of time.

TurNIC

DNA

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, i request you to try other nameservers. What is wrong in trying? It can happen that your cpc may increase in others. Try in all others, then bring it back to the one which gives you most. as easy as that.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, disagree. had very bad experience with Domainsponsor. Going much better at Sedo. Having siad that, has anyone tried the parking program advertised on the forum, parked.com???

Tried it, some of my domains are doing really good there

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of french names on sedo , Does ds work well for french names aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom