Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Shipping Digital Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmazingWins

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone here have sold anything on eBay or not.. but I've sold several Domain Names there and never really had any probs until a bidder won the auction & paid. I know.. I know.. it got PAID.. so what's the problem? The GoDaddy name doesn't match the email addy associated with the account. So far, all attempts to contact the winner has failed.

When I sell Name Brand Clothes on eBay, their shipping addy is right there in front of my face to ship it out.. it's already in the system for me. Why can't they set Registrar Account Addys like this for those who are buying Domain Names? I think it would help eliminate some of the breath holding...

For now, I'm just stuck holding on to the Domain Name.. wondering if I will ever get to spend the $ he/she paid. :/

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For now, I'm just stuck holding on to the Domain Name.. wondering if I will ever get to spend the $ he/she paid. :/
Go to the closed sale.

There will be a list of options (be sure you are signed in). One option is to Contact Buyer.

Tell the buyer the issue.

AmazingWins

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've done that already, asking the buyer to contact the registrar to get the info straightened out as he could be mixing up the info with a different registrar. I'll most likely be using that auction site for stuff that doesn't sell elsewhere now that I'm expanding my horizons and domaining more seriously. I wonder if anyone else had an experience like this, and if they did, what did they do?

If I bought a Domain Name from anyone else, I always paid quickly and made sure I tried to get the transfer done even faster lol. I want to make sure I get what I paid for, ya know? Maybe others can wait like that, but I try to be courteous, fast, and professional... I would hate to get any negative feedback on an auction site.

Since I never had a situation like this, I'm wondering how long I should wait to send the buyer more reminders. I'll hold the Domain Name until it drops if I have to, then issue a refund in that circumstance, but would rather just get things moving along.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eBay(PayPal) like to screw sellers of digital non-intrensic products.

There is no way to cover yourself there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom