Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Should i buy a TWO WORD .ORG with 1,740,000 Google results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The words are generic and popular and has 1,740,000 Google results for "WORD1 WORD2"

It's like "ROCK MUSIC" or "LOVE MUSIC"

The .COM could not be found in the first page of Google search page. The KEY WORD has an auto suggestion when i type in Google search bar.

So does in Yahoo and it has 4,420,000 results.

Anyone had an experience with a .ORG with good visits and made a decent sale?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The words are generic and popular and has 1,740,000 Google results for "WORD1 WORD2"
But what does "WORD1WORD2.org" get? How many back links?

Is this a drop?

Or hand reg?

Any age?

Or first time regged?

For parking?

Or developing?

Already branded?

Or needs branding?

So many questions that need to be asked besides just "should I?"

A better question to ask yourself (and be sincere and truthful in your answer) is "why?"

If I can ever answer that one question and be truthful to myself I may just end up with 4 domains and dump the rest.

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

This is the result i got in the Google Adwords tool:

keyword.jpg

It depends, some keywords that may have a large number of results does not mean that a lot of people are searching for it. Maybe you can use Google Adword Tool to test it out?
https://adwords.google.com/select/TrafficEstimatorSandbox
https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Goodluck :)

I would not say for now about the status of the domain (drop or hand reg).

The domain does not have a back link, so does the .COM version.

I like to park it, then if i have the time i may develop it. Or resell it.

But what does "WORD1WORD2.org" get? How many back links?

Is this a drop?

Or hand reg?

Any age?

Or first time regged?

For parking?

Or developing?

Already branded?

Or needs branding?

So many questions that need to be asked besides just "should I?"

A better question to ask yourself (and be sincere and truthful in your answer) is "why?"

If I can ever answer that one question and be truthful to myself I may just end up with 4 domains and dump the rest.

Vinnee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buy it! I've been picking up (hand regs) lately, all with good results. That is, good keywords and traffic. Explore ways to develop a site. Doesn't take too much since the domain is keyword rich. Give the site some good content and target a keyword niche, should do fine. If the screenshot shows just what we see, it's worth the reg fee. Good luck. Again, we see over 100K in GA keyword tool which your image shows more than enough reason to pick it up.

If you develop the site, give it a good rep by following the rules. Give it time and someone will come around either by interest or solicitation. Dot orgs have credibility, but several have taken the spam (all ads) route.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dude.... if you are picking up a drop or hand registering this name for $10-$20 ... and you need to ask yourself and others ...... ouch, however if you are buying this name on the aftermarket you should take more consideration into this purchase and know what your going to use it for.

450,000 is a lot of monthly searches and if you figure out how to capture even a small % of the searches and monetize it correctly for that niche, no matter AdSense/Affiliate site, eCommerce, or Service website you will make more money from the traffic then then on the flip short term.

IMHO if you have the right generic name matched with the right niche (niches where advertisers pay $6+ a click) extensions only matter when it comes to reselling them, but when it comes to monetizing or pushing traffic around the net the internet is blind and non .COM names can be very lucrative.

I know many of you may snare or disagree, I don't want to debate it. Lets just agree to disagree.

Rich

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Use Google Traffic Estimator too.

If .com or .net is not at top it may be that its parked or the seo is poor. Check with whois to get owner to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators