Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Should I feel Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Should I feel pleased that I have

Sensitive and Controversial Domain Portfolios now?

Can you enlighten us; as to what that is all about, and should it be of concern?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You actually had them before. Those are domains that Yahoo has deemed they don't want because they are sensitive or controversial. Wolfis was asking about this in another forum today.

These are the domains that we redirect to your alternative provider. If you find any that you feel are not controversial please let me know or your account manager know and we can submit them to be checked by hand.

Donny

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny it is really becoming such a huge hassle parking with parked.. it has more drama than a soap opera.

Domain parking should be simple.

Some of the domains you have listed are far from controversial. If Yahoo picked them, then what difference could you make checking them by hand?

Its Ironic that my alternative provider is Trafficz, they use the same feed and we get none of this.

I totally get that you want to do things right and I know that I only send 3% traffic to you, but I have to admit out of all the parking programs Parked really comes out on top for making the domainer jump through hoops.

I could forgive if the revenue was higher but it comes out less than NameDrive and Trafficz using the same keywords, and the CTR overall is less.

Please give me some good news, as honestly my faith in the parking industry is about as low as it can get.

I have to say I am very dissapointed in the program overall.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First, take any domains you have with us that are sensitive or controverisal and point them to trafficz or any other Yahoo provider and see what happens. If any of them don't go to a blank page, please let me know. But in trafficz's case they use a secondary provider, like findwhat or kanoodle.

This is a Yahoo rule, it has been a Yahoo rule for a long time. They don't like trademark domains so they don't want the traffic. If you have a domain with google in it, they don't want it. It's not us, it's not trafficz, it's not gold key, it's not smart name, it's Yahoo who determines what is controversial.

If you feel that any of the domain are not controversial or trademarks, submit them too me or your account manager and we will send them to Yahoo and have them go through them. Sometimes they approve the domains sometimes they do not.

I'm not sure what hoops we have you jump through but if you let me know I will see what we can do to make them easier.

And if you think you are making more money elsewhere, give me some examples, let me see what I can do. And if we can't do better than don't point your domains to us. It's that easy.

Donny

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok.. example. (jumping through another hoop)

example: what is controversial about swopdepot.com?

FYI: I have owned all the domains for over a year and this is a first for them.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do i miss something ? - i can't find it !

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
ok.. example. (jumping through another hoop)

example: what is controversial about swopdepot.com?

FYI: I have owned all the domains for over a year and this is a first for them.

First, I have no idea what is exactly wrong with swopdepot.com, but it's not the domain, it's the term "swop". Because swop.com since it's controversial as well. I have submitted it to Yahoo just to figure out what is going on.

But just for giggles I added it to my goldkey account and you can see it here. http://stage.goldkey.com/stage/swopdepot.com, and you can see that it shows no results for them as well. (Let me know and I'll remove it)

So I am just telling you what works and what doesn't.

Donny

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
looks like we should dump the Yahoo Feeds and stick with trusty Google.

Now Google blocks domains as well, they just block domains on different concepts.

There are some good things and bad things with Yahoo and Google feeds. You have to learn to find what works best for you and your domains.

Donny

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of my Cuba domains are sensitive or controversial.

Two million tourists a year and the word raises a red flag at Yahoo? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rsequin said:
I see a lot of my Cuba domains are sensitive or controversial.

Two million tourists a year and the word raises a red flag at Yahoo? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Remember we talked about this almost 2 months ago. I agree it's ridiculous, but it's not my decision. If you have any Iraq names, Yahoo doesn't want them either. It's a business decision that they make to keep the advertisers happy or some lawyer in a little cubicle.

This is why we create our alternative traffic system, if anything comes back from yahoo as questionable, redirect it somewhere else. So if you fill that section that's what we do, we redirect it to somewhere else.

Whenever you have as many domains as we own, you have to have a system that does this automatically. And if we have it so should you.

Just don't blame parked.com for a decision that Yahoo makes, because it affects all of their partners not just us.

Donny

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I would have to take a moral stance now and not help Yahoo discriminate against race, and misguided loyalties.

Perhaps I will return in the future but for now.. I am sticking with a Google feed.

I appreciate what parked have done with the Alternative redirects. It is if anything honest as no other program would do this, they would just not tell you.

Kudos to you.

domainparker

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree...I have used parked.com and I am very dissapointed with their customer service. They seem to only be looking out for themselves and have been known to suspend people without a warning or explanation.

I would stick with trafficz.com or fabulous.com

IMHO

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainparker, Don't get me wrong but since this is your first post and I have no idea who you are. Your opinion would be of much more help if I knew who you were. Especially since you are dissappointed with customer service.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom