Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Should I file a claim and request a refund at Paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow domainers,
I bought a domain, actually two bundled domains here at DNF 1 mo ago for $xx.
The sale was at "Traffic domain" section since the seller claimed it had 675 uniques in the first 6 days of Feb at sedo.
However, after I bought it, I spent 1 month testing different parking places like ND, DS and sedo, the traffic was 10 first 3-5 days and then became 4-5 and now almost none.
I pmed him for an explanation and no response until now. I know it is a confirmed sale but I also think it is a kind of fraud if the seller boost the traffic with several cheap bucks before the sale and sell it as a traffic domain.
$xx is not a big deal to me but I just couldn't let this happen in this professional forum. I wonder if I should claim a refund at paypal and if I can get my money back at paypal or it is better to file a claim here through DNF.
Thank you all for your kind help.
FYI, the domains are going to expire on 21st of this month, so I have to make it set since after I let it drop, I have nothing to base on.

Domain Days 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, they falsified the traffic stats. I wouldn't worry about Paypal. They will deny the claim because it is considered a "virtual item." If you were to do a dispute you could go through your card company. I would try what MrDude suggested above. If it was me I would take my loss and move on at the same time learn from your mistake. If it was more than $xx it would be a different story.

GSA

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes,

Tell us who is it..

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Had this happen to me before.... Paypal is useless for this type of thing as others have said.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MrDude said:
And warn us whom you bought it from so we in the future cant fall victim to whom it was.

If you check up his iTrader feedback from Feb 7 you'll know :)

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
duskdawn said:
You are smart!:wink:
I have filed a dispute at support forum here. No response until now.

hookah said:
If you check up his iTrader feedback from Feb 7 you'll know :)

Based on that the person isn't "verifed" so I don't think the "dispute" section is applicable??

jim
http://www.dnforum.com/dnfverified.php
The purpose of the verification process is to reduce the likelihood of an issue between verified members.

In the event of a dispute between 2 verified parties, you can fill out the form located at:

Disputes Forum

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
you are correct, he was not verified

Meaning "dispute" section is not applicable??

jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom