Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Should I register the other TLDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a side company that I am semi-serious about. Not serious enough to quit my job but at least a portal to show what I can do.

I have the .com registered and a site up but I was wondering, to CYOA, should I register the .net, .org, and .info?

I've done this with a few sites where the entity / client would like to be '"fully protected" (against squatters, etc..) which I've complied with.

The other TLDs are available (as of five minutes ago).

I know I would if I was taking the business seriously and if it was my income, but right now it is not that serious, more like a hobby I occasionally get paid for.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That was different. :) That was for investment domains (like widget.com), not company domains (mycompany.com).

Edit: But you did mention it was a good idea for branding. :noexpression:

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Absolutely - I'd register them right now, its a relatively minor expense compared with the returns.

For example, a friend of mine started a company a couple of months ago.... he registered the major TLD's .net, .org, .co.uk etc.. 24 hours later he had an offer of $10k for just one of them. Another company wanted to use the same names. Oh... he declined their offer. :)

areav

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes at least get the .net & .org

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
try to register cctlds as you can find some good ones but when it comes to .com most of them are already taken so buying .com is the best option to have your hands on good names

nrmillions

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would get the .net, .org, and .mobi to go with your .com. i wouldnt get the .info but if its video related thrn also get the .tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom