Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Should memberships be extended by one month?

Should the offer to extend memberships by 1 month be accepted as compensation?

• Yes I believe that is reasonable.

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • No I want blood

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Why - what's happened?

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I voted "Yes". It's reasonable. However, even better, I'd prefer some official announcement from NEW ownership on the recent transaction and future of DNForum, as I've requested.
See you. :cool:

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no
i really dont think its neccessary
the new owners seem to be bringing in a lot of new features to the site

you have to remember that the auction is a very complicated script and the new owners have only been here a few days - i personally think its a bit early to be calling for blood but it is a good offer never the less

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't vote because I don't think an extension is justified and I don't want blood. Give the new ownership a chance.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Give them a chance.

Is domain selling/buying like a smoking addiction? :laugh:

btw: Who here hasn't made their $49.95 back??

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
Give them a chance.
Is domain selling/buying like a smoking addiction? :laugh:
btw: Who here hasn't made their $49.95 back??

I hear this party line all the time. The benefits work both ways. Did Gregr make his 5K investment back?

The issue isn't whether you made your $50 back, the issue lies with what was promised with the purchase of a membership. If they do that Adam will quickly make his investment back.

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zoobar

I hear this party line all the time. The benefits work both ways. Did Gregr make his 5K investment back?

The issue isn't whether you made your $50 back, the issue lies with what was promised with the purchase of a membership. If they do that Adam will quickly make his investment back.

Agree, if your going to tout this place as the most professional DN forum on the internet you'd better put-up or shut-up.
Or be willing to make refunds.
JMFO

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fonzerelli_79

you have to remember that the auction is a very complicated script and the new owners have only been here a few days - i personally think its a bit early to be calling for blood but it is a good offer never the less

The auction script may be complex...but I doubt it.
Perhaps if more time was spent on the script and less on the cheezie bloated header the auction would have been ready.
JMFO

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Agree. I find it hard to believe that the last two auctions were cancelled at the last minute, or near the last miute due to either "technical" issues such as cable being down, or "DNS" issues such as we experience last evening, IMO. The MAIN reason people signed up for $49.95 was for weekly Live auctions ... so that should be job #1 IMHO. The Header should be like #5 or #6.
Thanks.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zoobar

It's not party line thinking. It's just the reality that a new team just took over. Although DNForum.com has grown in number, it's not like a microsoft owned company where we would have seen a "seemless" transition. There was bound to be "glitches".

I'm in the camp that we should give them a break. Since I place a high value on "money" and I got my money back, I don't feel too bad about the downtime. HOWEVER I can see your point if you have domains to move and that is why you purchased the Plat Membership. All I could say is that I think the next auction is going to be the "Big One", and in a incoincedental way maybe a boon to those finally able to sell.

Just another thought... Let's Do a "Old Style" DNF auction in the Ad section until this is straightened out. If anything it would be good promotion before the next auction.

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I voted yes. I think that it would be a nice gesture. Might help to smooth a few ruffled feathers.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"No I want blood" -- what's that supposed to mean? Where's the option for "Don't get all riled up over $4.16"

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-
"No I want blood" -- what's that supposed to mean? Where's the option for "Don't get all riled up over $4.16"

Damn, RJ ... my math comes to $3.84! Is my calculator busted? :eek: :swg:

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with CoolHost. There should be some kind of official announcement about the new owners and how this will affect the forum. It would also be nice to know what will happen to our snapbacks with snaps.com. Im only concerned because we login to snaps.com using the same login information as the forum. Now if snaps.com and dnforum.com are seperate owners, what happens there?.

RMF

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-

-RJ- it was on an impulse thinking maybe someone might choose it .... and sure enough!

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on my gym membership, so I'll take an extra month as a substitute benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom