Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Should we have a LIST of Banned members

Should DNforum have a ban list ?

• YES

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • NO

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think a list of Banned members would bea good idea. a Banned Thread that only MOds can post too.

If you are having problems with a non paying memeber on an auction for example ..you would contact a mod and after the mod verified the debt then that person would go on the banned list..

The only way to be removed from the list would be to pay the debt.. (this would take care of say..someone was in the hospital fora week.. someone took off on a 2 week vacation and or your dog ate your auction results ;) ..

The list (thread) would contain the particulars for the peroan being bannned so everyone understands why someone was banned.

I for one can certainly understand someone's on vaction and they simply didnt have access for 2 weeks..those types of people wont have any problem paying up when they get back and have their name removed fromthe banned list and everyone see's that the person isnt scum..just simply didnt have access..

Would this be useful for everyone ?

M

mole

*thumbs down*

People make mistakes, have bad hair days, and generally misunderstand things.

Maybe instead of being "banned", why don't we provide a "Time Out" corner.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
*thumbs down*

People make mistakes, have bad hair days, and generally misunderstand things.

Maybe instead of being "banned", why don't we provide a "Time Out" corner.

so Mole symantics aside you then agree.. you can cal it a time out corner.. or whatever..the point is the people on the list are people you want to be careful doing business with ...if they clear there name fromthe list ..because they wer having a "bad hair" day" and general misunderstanding then they are no longer on the list..

The idea is ..maybe people will take car of business first and their hair second :)

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not! Why create a DNForum "Hall of Shame".

Lets maintain our perspective and focus our energy on the positive aspects of the DNforum. :)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree to focus on the positives DRWho.. I hate when everything is rules and regulations.. but I think it's also imprtant that we have an area that identifies the theives ..not so much the morons, the late payers etc. ..

The people that every week at the auction ..one or 2 that dont pay.. instead of having to search every thread for those people..

If the non payers are in a "Hall of Shame" as you say..then all the good people have a heads up on who to watch out for...

We need to police ourselves..we need to look after each other...because no one else is going to do it for us..

It's not a big production..simply a thread of people to watch out for ..that are known to either be non paying , or lying about states inthe domains they are selling etc..

This would not be an area where anyone can post..Only the mods..

If you sell a name next wek at auction and the buyer refuses to pay...instead of making a big production in the regular threads..you contact the mods with the specifics..they will make an attempt to veriufy, contact the buyer and the mods together will decide if it is simply a misunderstanding..try and mediate a solution or if the person is just a a bad character trying to rip you off...

If thats the Case his name goes on the list..

So then 2 weeks go buy and out of the blue I get an offer for a name ....the first thing I do is check the DNforum "hall of shame" .... If he is on the list I know to ignore the guy..

thats all.. just a nice screening process..

I do see your point..just believe it would add value to Dnforum.. that we watch out for our community members...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom