Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Showing ads based on domain not keyword

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo?

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First off I really like NameDrive and out of the 4 parking sites I've been using recently, it's the least painful and most profitable. I only resort to using a public forum to resolve this issue because all private inquiries to NameDrive via their support channels over the last month have failed to receive a response.

Issue:
Occasionally when I preview/visit my domains, the main ads shown are based off the domain name itself and not the specified keyword. In this example the domain is "safetylive.com" and the keyword is "antivirus":

Ads Using Domain

However after refreshing a few times the correct ads will come up:

Ads Using Keyword

Obviously if this is happening for all of my visitors, it could very well be affecting my CTR.

I've tested this on multiple computers on different IPs using IE6, IE7, FireFox 1.5, FireFox 2.0 all running XP SP2 with the same results.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this intentional behavior (not sure why)? Any information regarding this issue would be a big relief to me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It seems that there are 2 x times the number of relevant ads and thus they are displayed in 2 groups. I saw both groups as you described.

Kupo?

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the first screenshot I posted is showing ads about safety equipment and construction which have nothing to do with the keyword "antivirus" specified.

Do you think NameDrive alternates keyword derived ads and domain derived ads on purpose?

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Google do say that the keywords we submit to them are 'suggestions' rather than 'law' and sometimes they throw in their own suggestions for certain names. In the majority of cases, they'll deliver ads based on the keyword but will unfortunately occasionally do so based on the domain name.
Let me know if you have any individual cases and I'll look into it.

Hope you all have a good bank holiday.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom