Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Sibername Premium Auction Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sibername's premium domain auction looks to be started again. Had to dig to find where they actually listed them - with the complete tbr list.

Suggestion for Sibername - list the user added premium domains on their own page and give a link from the main menus. I for one don't utilize that list - I just use the bulk order form. If I didn't know the auction was restarting I wouldn't have even bothered to look at that page. Something on the sibername.com homepage alerting visitors of the auctions could also help. :eek:k:

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. I hope we see some more interesting results. Thanks for the update Roy.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, if they're going to let people submit domains for auctions, it should be on a separate page than the TBR. Or if on the same page, make two lists so the two groups of domains are clearly separated.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like one or two domains have been removed. All that are left are mine. I set low reserves so I expect them all to go.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seem to have added a couple that weren't there yesterday as well..

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nothing like letting everyone know:rolleyes:

I don't use that list either.

I'd be pissed if I had domains in auction and they don't even bother to market for them. I'd pull them.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I'd be pissed if I had domains in auction and they don't even bother to market for them. I'd pull them.

I agree they should have done more, but they do have a reserve set so if there isn't enough interest they are not going anywhere. In fact i just realized I paid a writer to pen content for one of them! So if it doesn't sell now it'll be a website by the end of the month. :eek:k:

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Totally agree... They should consider doing something like Pool and send out a weekly email to their customer list and advertise the premiums for sale... I'm guessing they probably have alot of end-user customers (webhosting, etc..)

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They did that with the first premium auction, but I didn't receive any notice about this one!

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the first I heard of it...I also don't look at that list for the TBR's...

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't get a notice about this one either, but isn't there still 7 days left? they might put one back as it gets closer to the end.

It's nice to see Sibername at least make the effort to get something going, no other registrar seems to be.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple names in the march auction!! Hopefully they do a lot of marketing :D

mbulent

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We think that our TBR pages are a reference point for many TBR players and do not need a lot of marketing. Sending weekly emails is a good idea and we will implement that one too.

I see some negative approaches to our efforts for auction implementation. Just to clarify, this is a service that we have implemented upon receiving your interest. Even though we do not expect any income out of that.

So, may be that is the problem. You might thnk we spend al this time and efforts for the basic need of making profit.

Clearly not. It is there wasting our time mostly for 2 years now. It is there because there seems like interest in it. We are asked to implement it. We do, and you find all kind of excuses not to put your domain there,

Well, Sirs, this is more in your interest than ours to make it fly or die.

We will give it a try for few more months and you will have to deal with other registrars of your choice with their rules, probably not open to your ideas as much as our system.

It seems like i should stop reading some comments here because it is just negative;

Bulent Turkoglu

http://www.sibername.com

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Bulent,

I think we all want it to be a success and that may be why some are being so openly critical. In the end we would love to see it being an additional revenue stream for sibernane, as a success for you is also a success for us.

I definitely appreciate the initiative that sibername has shown :D

All the best,

Jay

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Bulent...I agree with Jason....you have been more than open to try making this work.
I am sure it has been a good deal of time and work.
I also appreciate your efforts....

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear Bulent, I really appreciate your efforts and agree that the negativity on here must frustrate you. But do know that i appreciate your efforts and am sure that many on here do as well. Keep the auction going even if you are not receiving direct profit from the auction i am sure that there will be a trickle down effect as more people become aware of sibername and reg their names and host with you.

Respectfully,
Christian.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When the first auction came up the prices were a wee bit inflated. Any sales yet ?

I remember getting an email the first time it happend. sending a notice to domainers is the best way to get attention in this market. Especially a small market like .ca

If you want my opinion on making this popular you can have it. I buy alot of domains, mostly from cold calls but I do hit TBR religiously and check in at the forums often. The one thing that turns me off this particular auction is that I know the prices are not reseller prices. They are for the most part end user pricing. Domainers dont usually buy domains at inflated prices unless they have proven traffic and revenue. And even then they wont pay more than its worth. It's just sensible business. If your prices continue to be high, you will need to somehow get the attention of end users, and that wont be easy. I love dot ca but I'll tell you for the prices some of us are paying (myself included) you can pick up some sweet .coms dropping daily.

I'm not a fan of sibername bulent and I make no secret of it. Some of the guys here like your service and that's all good so welcome to the forum.

Kevin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom