Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Signs a possible enduser is going to flake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Signs and red flags a user might flake.

These are sometimes usually after a user shows interest.

1. Very popular one. After email from potential buyer you ask “ I have the domain name registered at Godaddy, do you have a Godaddy account?
If they do not respond back in a prompt manner you lost them at what a Godaddy is, typically they will screen there phone calls and messages or emails and go into hiding after that.

2. Another very popular one . After email from potential buyer you ask? Do you use Paypal?
If they do not respond back in a prompt manner you lost them at what a PayPal is, typically they screen there phone calls and messages or emails and go into hiding after that.

3. They tell you they are interested but they need to talk to their partner first.
Apparently, the partner said NO!

4. They tell you they are interested but they need to talk to their “IT Guy.”
IT Guys aka “Web Guys” are more territorial than cats. At all cost they will talk their client out of talking to other “Web Guys”.

5. They send a email and you respond back in seconds and they don’t respond back or you call them within seconds of the email from the number they gave you and when you call they screen there calls and go into hiding.

6. They contact you on a Friday and tell you their Godaddy customer number is at the office and they won’t be in the office until Tuesday because Monday is a Holiday.
On Tuesday they will have changed their mind and screen their messages and go into hiding.

7. They contact you on a Monday with one email per day and turns the whole transaction into this week long marathon event.

8. They start asking you dumb stupid questions or making statements completely unrelated to the purchase like,

“Why are you selling it?”
“Who owned it before you?”
“I will go check out the site!” (why? I am selling a domain name, not a website”)
“It says that at Godaddy it is taken?” (Yes, because I own it!)
“It says that at Godaddy you bought it today?” (It just became active in my Godaddy account today and registered for a full year, works well :)
“ I already have a website!”
“ I already have a domain name!”
“My wife does all that techie stuff”
“I am out of town”
“I am driving!”
“Sorry, I am crazy busy”
“sorry, I got busy”

Last edited:

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunate as it is, people still don't understand domain names. Which is a shame because we in this industry know what a good domain name can do for a business...

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it a shame? Good and bad, I think.

Bad because they're reluctant to buy from us. Good because the relatively small number of buyers engaged in this market keeps the competition away -- which keeps enough domain names affordable for domainers to exist and, if not thrive, at least comment profusely online!

Like it or not, domainers live in the gap between undervalued assets and relatively ignorant end users. Once everybody out there fully understands the value of domains and the market prices stabilize at levels far above where we can buy in and flip for profit, we will all be complaining that end users DO get it!

T

tekz999

9. I am really interested to buy this. But I want you to order an appraisal first. Price is $39.95, go here blah blah blah.

GG.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
10. They make up an excuse as to why they need to wait a few weeks to complete the transaction...9 out of 10 times you will never hear from them again

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom