Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Similar Domain Name Issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewStar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody would be willing to chime in on this issue i am debating with myself.
I own a gambling domain. Had it for approx 3 years.

Presently it is parked at fabulous and recently i noticed that one of the links on the page is VERY similar to the domain i own.

I did a check to compare the creation date on my domain with the creation date of the OTHER domain and it appears my domain was created approx 2 years BEFORE this OTHER domain.

* example *

my domain : POKERflorida.com
their domain : POKERinflorida.com - notice the "in"

I checked out the OTHER domain and it looks like a full-blown and popular gambling site with affiliate program and all that ....

I've never had any legal issues with it BUT ... my question is this. They have a rev-share program. Is it dangerous for me to join up and just redirect my domain to their program?... surely this would constiture "PASSING OFF"?

I know things are never as clean-cut as YES/NO but general advice on the issue may help me make a decision :)

P.S - there are no trademarks on the domains...

Thanks in advance for any help

Ter

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Depends on what you want to do with your domain. If it's already generating revenue and you feel that you'd profit either from joining the affiliate program of the other guys, or by selling your domain to them - then it's a matter of making a business proposal. Be honest and explain the mutual benefits.

NewStar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Arco, well i feel i could make substantially more from the domain if i actually just redirected it to their site with my affiliate code. That is essentially what fabulous - although to a lesser extent ....

BUT, not sure if that is legit.

Ter

can any of the board lawyers offer some free guidance on this matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom