Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Single English Word, 100k searches per month, .com available to register

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDunit

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to buy sites I can develop or at least understand the industry (sports, real estate, finance, Texas, etc...) However today I came across an unknown word, googled it, then found out the .com was available (thanks to my new found interest in domaining) and finally performed an AdWords Keyword search on it. It gets 110k searches per month (exact word) but I know very little about the subject and have little clue on how to monetize this particular site. So my question is... should I buy this site to sell, develop, co-develop with someone more knowledgeable, or just pass all altogether? Maybe someone will take it before me but it was pretty random that I even stumbled across it... Thanks in advance for any input!

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dictionary domains are usually good investments... it really depends on what word you're talking about... it's probably not taken for a reason!

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it's not taken, then it's not worth squat (unless it receives traffic for some reason). That is a golden rule right there.

Now stop hand-registering names and instead spend some of your money buying names that have actual reseller value. Depending on your budget, try to buy names that are easy to liquidate (e.g. 3-character .coms, LLL.coms, LLL.nets, premium/pronounceable 4-letter .coms etc.).

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The value of dictionary words or all domain names, falls off steeply from the best names. Smart.com might be a low six figure name. Shrewd.com might be a low five figure name. SherwdEST.com would be a low four figure retail if it sells. You can't think ShrewdEST.com is almost as good as Smart.com so it's worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Almost does not count. Likewise, three letter names sell for thousands while random four or five letter names don't sell.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which language is it ?
Often keywords are taken in the ccTLD(s) that matches the language, but could be available in .com.
For example, Dutch keywords are worth considerably less in .com than in .nl, and to some extent, .be.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the CPC ? Are there advertisers spending money for the keyword ?

I would register it based on answers to my above questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom