Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Slow Sad Sedo............

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay we are all in agreement. Sedo's customer service stinks.
There are a couple of good staff.
Basically Brad keeps them a float & he is a great Guy. I think he must actually be the md, cos he's the only one that seems to care.
You're personally excused! LOL (oh! and Georgina) :smilewinkgrin:
What kills me is that when you send emails to the regular sections or you have a new broker, you don't hear from them....for days.
I have bought stacks of domains on sedo, yet you end up chasing them & holding their hand, even as the buyer.
Is Sedo being shut on the weekend acceptable too? I really want to stick with you guys, but how can you shut on the weekend? It's hilarious.
If i mail you on a thursday pm, it could be Tuesday or later that i hear.
What if it's really important. For us in the UK, it means ringing Germany or the US.
Okay, there have been a score of threads relating to these matters, what are you going to do sedo? and when?
Pred
nb: anyone else fancy a rant? go for it!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Reminds me of "Earth control to Major Tom".

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, this E Abigail Dover person is absolutely hopeless.

Sends you an email, and you reply straight away (like same hour), and you don't hear from him/her again for days.

I actually had to ask another broker I was dealing with to find out what was going on with the domain!

I agree, slow sad sedo :) absolutely hopeless

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With their lack of service, lack of decent ppc payouts, and poor brokerage policy, it's amazing some competitor hasn't kicked their butt back to Germany to handle .info and .de exclusively.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, with the problems Im having with sedo at the moment over 2 simple purchases, I resolve never to buy a domain through sedo again.

Next time I will contact the domain owner directly through whois and make an offer.

The latest saga? An email from Nicole Madeja in domain transfers saying a domain has been pushed to my Enom account.

Really? Then how come its not in my account, and how come the whois still reflects sedo escrow?

And this other person, E Abigail Dover, who emails me every couple of days asking why I haven't initiated a remote transfer and giving me the auth code, when he has already asked me for my account details at namecheap a week ago so he can push the domain to me.

Unbelievable! How much more incompetent can these people be?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, with the problems Im having with sedo at the moment over 2 simple purchases, I resolve never to buy a domain through sedo again.

Next time I will contact the domain owner directly through whois and make an offer.

The latest saga? An email from Nicole Madeja in domain transfers saying a domain has been pushed to my Enom account.

Really? Then how come its not in my account, and how come the whois still reflects sedo escrow?

And this other person, E Abigail Dover, who emails me every couple of days asking why I haven't initiated a remote transfer and giving me the auth code, when he has already asked me for my account details at namecheap a week ago so he can push the domain to me.

Unbelievable! How much more incompetent can these people be?

Yes, in full agreement. The two you mention are not great.
Nicole doesn't do too well, also the e.dover (edie) is a she. She is dealing with a domain for me right now, figuritively speaking of course. Be grateful you got 2 emails from her. More than i ever have ! LOL
If they want to open a sedo in Derbyshire (lol), & pay me enough, i'll run the bitch like it should be run. Piece of piss.
High on customer support, with punters NEVER waiting longer than 24 hours on any email, lower brokerage charges, better verification measures, constant ppc rates blah blah blah
Pred

artoo

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all your said...it is really?

S

SedoCoUk

yes, this E Abigail Dover person is absolutely hopeless.

Sends you an email, and you reply straight away (like same hour), and you don't hear from him/her again for days.

I actually had to ask another broker I was dealing with to find out what was going on with the domain!

I agree, slow sad sedo :) absolutely hopeless

Hi VirtualT,

Please be aware that Sedo's transfer agents deal with a high volume of requests dealing with pending, current and closed transactions: this can result in upwards of 200 emails received per day. Any emails sent to Sedo are responded to in the order that they are received. We ask for your patience in working with your transfer agent as the process of a transfer involves a lot of work, and can sometimes rely heavily on the speed of BOTH parties involved in the transfer.

I appreciate your understanding :)

Sara

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Actually Sedo customer service has been friendly and consistent. I wish PPC went up as well.

msl

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how is that an excuse.... you are charging a MASSIVE fee for everything you do!!!!

200 emails a day.... you are a MASSIVE company with MASSIVE $ at your disposal..... try 2500+ emails a day.... then you might be able to complain that you do not have the time / staff / resources.....

this is an open discussion forum with a LOT of HIGHLY RESPECTED and VERY VALUABLE INDIVIDUALS (thanks for that microsoft!) so you should REALLY take note of the comments here......

people are not coming on this or any other open forum to MOAN at SEDO they are just all frustrated.... that is why the comments are negative......

like a few other companies / providers / startups who will not be brought into the SEDO are CRAP thread... you have done NOTHINg to retain the value in your brand... you are making $,$$$,$$$'s a week (check out the latest accounts filled!) and you spend $1.25c a week on KEEPING ontop of things......

if you loose the DN communities support you will be left with lots of ENDUSERS buying nothing... because we will go elsewhere.....

at least get an automated 24/7 365 live updating script running so that when someone asks they get the right answer....

e.g Q: What colour is the SKY? - A: Thank you for contacting SEDO the answer to your question is BLUE!

NOT A: Thank your for contacting SEDO we have no idea how to answer you very simple, obvious, unfrustrating question.... but just the same we will send you a crappy automated responder ful of crappy upsell junk that will confuse you into thinking that we are actually thinking about supporting you but cannot be bothered so will email you in 5 days so that you have forgottten the actual reason you emailed us in the first place ERRRH NOT GOOD BUSINESS!!!

you have kindly joined the forums and even DCG has joined in some of the threads from your clients asking for support on THIS FORUM not your own...
come on SEDO get it right before BLEEPS does!!!! :cool:

do we get a prezzie Preds, thats what you call an honest rant.... and yes before we get flamed we do use SEDO!

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi VirtualT,
We ask for your patience in working with your transfer agent as the process of a transfer involves a lot of work, and can sometimes rely heavily on the speed of BOTH parties involved in the transfer.
Sara

One of the domains was paid for immediately, and has been in your escrow account since the 13 Nov, thats almost 3 weeks for a simple push, and still waiting...

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of the domains was paid for immediately, and has been in your escrow account since the 13 Nov, thats almost 3 weeks for a simple push, and still waiting...

Are you sure? That sounds ridiculous. If this is true then someone must be earning interest on a load of loot because of the delay. Who might that be ?

Does money awaiting transfer in escrow stand in a high interest account ?

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sara is looking into it. Thanks Sara.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
their email response rate is horrendous.
what i do now is ring them in Germany from the UK.
if the call is gonna be over 1 minute, i get them to call me back.
it gets the problem sorted straight away & they pay for it, justice.
shouldn't have to ring them but their return of emails is on a par with registerfly or 123-reg.
WHEN will you address this sedo?
Pred

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i had a deal falling through because the broker ( after i agreed to the price $ xxxx ) came up with additional questions ans verifications i had never heard before.

i don't quite understand what the problems with these brokers are.

i own the domain - sedo contacts me - i give a price - sedo says 'yes' and i say o.k. - then sedo starts asking questions if i am really who i say who i was ? and what is your tax situation ?

what a joke !

sedo found me through the whois contact at the first place - so why the stupid question to verify my address ?
second : evenso it is not sedo's business if i pay my taxes on domainsales - the answer is YES i pay every single cent that is due ! ( but like i said it is none of sedo's business !)

i am not playing these games - you want it or you don't want the domain .

so i cancelled the deal !( poor guy who wanted the domain )

sedo needs to wake up and get good brokers !

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Wolfis,
hmm, sounds like they were very rude to you. Not ideal.
Shame the bloke didn't know to find you through whois. Normally if someone finds sedo, you would think they understand whois.
It's a shame because there are a couple of sedo brokers who are outstanding.
I will name them again because i believe strongly in credit where credit is due,
Brad & Georgina. ;)
However, problem is when i get allocated other brokers i have to chase them up all the time........that's usually as the buyer!
I think they have grown too big, too quick.
Cheers, Pred

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard back on an auction closed on 18 Nov. No response to emails either. Maybe Sara can tell us why they don't verify bidders and charge credit cards on file immediately after a winning bid is made like some other domain auctions?

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I find Dejan pretty helpful.. most of the times. However, I find the parking service pretty attrocious.

I bought a domain and for the past 10 days, the domain is still parked under the old owner's account (while saying 'pending review' on mine), hence the old owner is still making money from my domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom