Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Smart to make a word document where I write down what I've done wrong previous times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TordB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Would it be smart to write a word document where I write down what I've done wrong previously times? I did this in my English class and raised my grade from a C to an A. For instance, in my "domain mistakes document" that I just made I have written down that I should not buy domains that contains numbers. By writing down what I have done wrong previous times I will not do the same mistakes again.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

hope you don't mind some hard advice....

one mistake you are making imo, is asking a lot of common sense questions instead of doing more reading. if you had done more research, then your statement "I should not buy domains that contains numbers" would never have been made. this is something that someone probably told you, based on a reply to one of your threads.

however, in the "Beginners" section, there are several threads that discuss domains with numbers and domains with hyphens, which is a topic most newbies always ask about, but seldom try to find and read for themselves.

write that down. :)

it's not a problem to ask a question here and there, when you post them in the correct forums sections.

but it seems all your threads have been created right here and it's like you're trying to learn the whole domain business in 1 or 2 days.

that's not going to happen. write that down too :)

and if all your posts are done here, then it makes it look like you haven't spent much time reading the other specific sections that apply to some of the questions you have asked.

don't be in a rush to spend more money than necessary on things that are not essential to success, like ebooks, newsletters, scripts, desktop applications etc.
those are mainly profit centers for the sellers of those items and they won't tell you much more than what's been discussed here, again imo.

i suggest that you do more reading and formulate the questions to things that you can't really figure out for yourself, instead of getting spoon feed info, which you seem to swallow pretty quickly.

that is one of the biggest mistakes newbies make imo.

asking questions like "what's the best this and "what's the best that" when in this biz, there is no best, only thru trial and error, will you find what works best for you and your domains.

every question like those all relate to each specific domain that you own or want to buy or acquire, so blanket answers will always be misleading because they are given from the members point of view that relates to how "HIS" portfolio performs. And he found that out thru trial and error. write that down too. :)

don't take this personally, just take it as advice

Good Luck!

TordB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks :). So far I have read The Domain Book and the stuff at namenewbie.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom