Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Smart Whois tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienDude

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a software developer and wondering if anyone would be interested in whois tool that does automatic checking of lots of domains. Here is what i'm thinking of:

- add several lists of keywords and it will check all combinations
(like if list1 = "some, key" and list 2 = "word, domain" it would check these domains: "someword, somedomain, keyword, keydomain" with different TLDs, but unlike this example lists can be huge and you can use more than 2 keywords)

- work in background so you give that tool huge list and it would work somewhere in system tray without interrupting your work.

- dynamic list of domain extensions (so user could add own domain extensions)

Would anyone on this forum willing to pay 50$ for such tool (with more features to come later and free lifetime upgrades to people who payed once) or would it be profitless idea (so i would give up now without spending time on it)?

P.S. for those who have doubts about my network programming experience visit my last project - it is open source project many times more complex than tool that i'm suggesting and i wrote that (and gave it to new developer few month ago).

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its funny, I am just doing on something like that.
Altough I am not a developer I should make a core working program in one day work, but it's half is with me for two weeks now. I have very clear idea what I want from it, but you have to convince your potential customers why they would want it.:)

I have something in mind for a following "project" but that will require a lot of time learning (more) DNS, BIND, etc. and so much
time I don't have in short period.
Do you have some knowledge of that stuff, so we could come to a deal?

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if anyone requires a beta testers, i'm willing!

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
spietreser

Did you sort a program out to check you list in the whois and list by expiring date?

Really interested in that if you did!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom