Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

snap lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I could use a little help on using snap names. I understand if people don't want to help with this. I guess I understand snaps, but why would I want a full year? Why would some one sell a snap? Most importantly is where are you guys getting your list? I mean it would seem silly to put a snap on a good name thats not in the drop cycle. I guess when it goes into the cycle it gets snapped pretty quick.

Any advice to help me get up to speed. Thanks

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by keshe
I guess when it goes into the cycle it gets snapped pretty quick.

Its snapped before it goes to cycle!

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just seems like a waste of time. Would seem that you wouldn't have much chance of a good name going into cycle. I read somewhere(I think here) about someone snapping a name that expires next year.

How many times can to change the snap?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by keshe

How many times can to change the snap?

Unlimited, if You use snapnames.com directly
3 times, if You buy from aff.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>> Most importantly is where are you guys getting your list?

Some use exody. I also use NamePursuit.com

This has a brief explanation about the usefulness of backordering a domain before it expires. Check out the FAQ link too.

If you join, there is more detailed information on the "art" of using snapnames backorders.

They seem to be offering a 3 day trial membership for US$9.95.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
many big players do speculative snaps. :)

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am a relative newbie but my suggestion is to reseach names that you may be interested in on your own. Drop Wizard has a good Who-Is 'quick tester'. You do have to check this and other who-is dates carefully though as a name that expired today will show up as renewed there. You need to do more research with more complete (page 2) who-is data. PerfectName.com, DomainDiscount24.COM, and DirectNIC.COM are good choices for this. After this, you need to do some more looking at names that may be expiring relatively soon. Do they have a site? Is it a serious site that seems to have been updated recently or is it old or extremely minimal? Then check the who-is to see who owns it. Is it an individual, a big business, etc? Big businesses do screw up and let things drop while it is unlikely that BuyDomains.COM will. The bottom line is that you do this and then decide rather to Snap the name or not. This is sort of a 'gentleman, place your bets' situation. If it is a really good name and it does expire, you probably only have a 5-10% chance of getting it with SnapNames but that's better than the next guy will have unless he has lots of $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom