Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Snapnames changes auction format

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that recently Snapnames have changed many of the starting bid amounts,whereas I believe almost every auction started at $60 minimum they are now upping the reserves to $1,500 upwards as starting bid/reserve ?. Is this good or bad ?. I personally think that it now means that there are much less likely to be a good buys to be had because Snapnames will have blocked out many bidders by making reserve too high for "man on the street" . Pity really as means finding a bargain is now pretty much impossible.

DG

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have been doing this for a while, trying to manually set the reserve, and in some cases like you said, up to x,xxx.

I personally think it's good for domainers, because there will be less risky or "caught in the bidding" buys. Few people join a $1,500 for the hell of it, but for $60, just as I do, a lot of people "wait and see". Less bidders, more quality bidders, more direct prices, less crappy or shill bidding.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
halvarez protests in anger!

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, those could be the domains in Silent Auction that were merged after last night's Internext auction. They'll be there until the 25th.

doobee

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are refering to the featured domain list, there was a large amount of expensive adult domains that went through on Jan 14. Most all other domains are still in the $79 to $99 range. Perhaps you mistook this as a permanent change in policy?

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domains that are on SnapNames, the prices are decided by the "partner" registrar. If it's going to be a true drop (lose age, any dropcatcher can get etc) it will be priced at $59. Mydomain.com's/Dotster are at $79, Register.com domains are at $99 etc. There are also User Submitted domains that they can set the reserve at what they want. $99, $499 etc. These will be with the registrar udomainname.com . Many Internext domains were added this week as well. Some are in the millions, 6 figures, 5 figures etc.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom