Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

snapnames domains won given to someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This happened to me in May, June, and November. All 3 times I've opened support tickets at Moniker and complained. The Moniker/snapnames connection is flawed somehow and giving domain names to people who didn't win the auctions.

This is what happens:
I win a domain name at snapnames auction and pay for it.
I get email saying name has been put into "my Moniker account" with an account number that is NOT mine.
I cannot find the name in my Moniker account, and whois shows the name has been put into someone else's moniker account.
I have to open a support ticket and explain to try to get the name moved into my account.

3 times this has happened to me, and all 3 times the name has been put into the same other person's Moniker account. I didn't notice the last name was missing for about 2 months and it turns out someone has been parking/monetizing my name and even listed it for sale on Sedo. Ridiculous!

brianluedke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is a major problem.

Are you using the other drop catchers?

This happened to me in May, June, and November. All 3 times I've opened support tickets at Moniker and complained. The Moniker/snapnames connection is flawed somehow and giving domain names to people who didn't win the auctions.

This is what happens:
I win a domain name at snapnames auction and pay for it.
I get email saying name has been put into "my Moniker account" with an account number that is NOT mine.
I cannot find the name in my Moniker account, and whois shows the name has been put into someone else's moniker account.
I have to open a support ticket and explain to try to get the name moved into my account.

3 times this has happened to me, and all 3 times the name has been put into the same other person's Moniker account. I didn't notice the last name was missing for about 2 months and it turns out someone has been parking/monetizing my name and even listed it for sale on Sedo. Ridiculous!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Was the last name 'Alvarez'? :D

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use other drop catchers also and haven't had problems like this with others.
Names going to Halvarez - probably not, but whoever got my last one put moniker privacy protection on it! Waiting for response from their support system to get that one back (well, not exactly 'back,' but to me for the first time...)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Very odd, however I witnessed a similar 'stickiness' with glitches, when managing domains won at Snapnames. E.g. in my case an older email address would be used although my profile with Snapnames had been updated with a different managing email for domains caught.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
geez that would suck. i don't even check half the time until 2 months after when i can transfer them.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Send an email to bari#moniker.com, she will help you solve this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom