Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Snapnames Live Auction at Domainfest Global 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone receive this?.... 15% Commission same as Moniker.

FAQS

https://www.snapnames.com/liveAuctionsFaqs.jsp#commissionFees

--------------------------------------------------------------

Submissions ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED!

Submit your premium domain names now through December 11th to be considered for the SnapNames Live Auction at DOMAINfest. Put your top quality domain names in front of the largest possible audience of qualified buyers who know the value and upside for premium names.

[SUBMIT NOW]

SETTING THE STANDARD FOR 2008:

SnapNames, the original aftermarket leader, fulfills tens of thousands of transactions each month. More than 150,000 buyers have trusted SnapNames to deliver nearly one million aftermarket domain sales. Based on SnapNames’ time and volume tested systems, the SnapNames Live Auction promises to bring a new level of transparency and crisp delivery to premium domain sales.

EXTENDED REACH:

Simultaneous online bidding will drive exposure beyond the auction floor to SnapNames’ world-wide base of active, qualified buyers. This dynamic format will help maximize exposure, competitive buyer activity and sales prices for premium domain names.

WHAT SELLS:

Learn how to evaluate and upload your submissions. The catalog already includes: saws.com, neighborhood.com, taxicabs.com. The final catalog will be made public on January 3, 2008.

[LEARN MORE]

AUCTION DETAILS:

The SnapNames Live Auction will be featured at DOMAINfest Global, a major industry conference and networking event. Presented by Oversee.net's DomainSponsor, this is where the industry’s most significant buyers and sellers will converge.

When: Two auctions will be held, January 22 & 23, 2008
Where: DOMAINfest Global, at the Renaissance Hotel, Hollywood, CA
More: FAQs, Seller Agreement
Contact us: Email liveauctions@snapnames.com or to speak to a representative, please call (503) 459-5731

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 11, 2007

SnapNames, DOMAINfest and DomainSponsor are brands of Oversee.net, an innovative leader in domain services and marketing services. The Company serves domain name customers at all levels and supports the entire life cycle of domain name procurement, monetization and sal

Domain summit 2024

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Should be interesting to see. Good PR for snapnames too. Probably will result in more people bidding via snap when all is said it done. Good for them, bad for us.

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check this out. They want to charge you $100 for each domain sold if you don't transfer to them before the auction. Wow!

"To facilitate quick payment to you, and delivery to the buyer, we request that you transfer all selected domains to our designated registrar account prior to the auction. This transfer is free of charge. If you elect to wait until after the auction, a $100 transfer assistance fee may be deducted from the funds due you for each domain sold."

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Check this out. They want to charge you $100 for each domain sold if you don't transfer to them before the auction. Wow!

"To facilitate quick payment to you, and delivery to the buyer, we request that you transfer all selected domains to our designated registrar account prior to the auction. This transfer is free of charge. If you elect to wait until after the auction, a $100 transfer assistance fee may be deducted from the funds due you for each domain sold."

What a Joke !!! :veryangry:

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Isn't "transfer assistance" (LOL) part of what they get 15% for? If it's such hard work to transfer a domain, then why aren't they charging $100 when you transfer a domain before the auction?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Isn't "transfer assistance" (LOL) part of what they get 15% for? If it's such hard work to transfer a domain, then why aren't they charging $100 when you transfer a domain before the auction?

Yes it is, I think this is Snapnames way of shortening the escrow period, but its no excuse to charge a added fee.

I had a horrible experience with Snapnames as my Registrar on one of my domains, it expired and I received no warning at all to a valid email address. It was my fault for missing it, however they intentionally neglected to send out a notice, pushing the expiration so they could peddle it at auction...

Suggestion; Bump up your asking price $200 and you"ll make $100 profit ;)

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any idea on how many domains will be auctioned off?.i heard they will be auctioning off about 250-300 domains in total on both days.

Hope we can see bombkers biding on our domains in domainfest :)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was originally going to submit domains to this auction, but because of Snapnames unethical practices, I decided not to submit any. I can see transferring a 4 or 5 figure domain to a Registrar I cant trust.

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"unethical practices?"

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was originally going to submit domains to this auction, but because of Snapnames unethical practices, I decided not to submit any. I can see transferring a 4 or 5 figure domain to a Registrar I cant trust.

LOL. another :popcorn: session... Your posts are highly entertaining

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have an agreement on which it states about the transfer of the domain to their registrar then i don't think it will be much of an issue.
But,yeah transferring domains worth xx,xxx is kinda risky and it is better to pay 100$ after the auction than transferring it to em first.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

What "unethical practices" are you speaking of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators