Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Snapnames Live Auction Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was wondering who of you have had experience with live auctions via moniker or snapnames.

Questions 1:
I submitted names to the next live auction. What happens if I sell one of the names I submitted for consideration in the auction even though I have not had any replies that any of my names have been accepted?

From the moment I submitted the form and domains and agreed to the TOS, does that mean I cant sell my names while I am in wait to see if they got accepted into the auction?

Question 2: Lets say they do accept some of my names, what happens if I get a good offer and sell it before the auction?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not but I know someone who has...he was told he would have to pay$$$ the commission % of the domain reserve

Questions 1: I think if you submitted it they could still charge you the % they would have got from a sale.

Question 2: Same thing... as situation #1 only difference is that don't have the hope that they might turn your domain down, since its already been accepted.

*you are entering into a contract giving them the right to sell your domain names... re-read the contract or guidelines it should be in there.

Good Luck

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only problem with Moniker Live Auction is the delay...you have your names blocked for months before you can sell again.

Except this a great service!

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With regard to your first question you could argue that by the simple act of submitting your names the contract at a time prior to Moniker/Snapnames accepting/not accepting them into the auction that the contract does not exist and that only from such time as they notify you that they have accepted the domains into the auction listing does the contract exist. I think this could be argued successfully as to find in Moniker/Snapnames as otherwise the contract would give a usery advantage to them with no corresponding service to the domain owner. I am sure Moniker/Snapnames would argue otherwise though, they would want their cut whether they have earned it or not.

For relatively small sales this would not be worth Moniker/Snapnames time to argue the case, they may well though do one of the following: restrict, suspend, otherwise impede, or cancel any accounts you have with them.

Your second question though is clear, if they have accepted your domain into the auction listings then the contract is deemed sealed by both parties, therefore I foresee any claim by them for a percentage of the sale as per the contract being awarded as commission to them being upheld.

Reaction score
Hello everyone - our process is no different than many of the top live auction houses such as Sotheby's, Christies, Jackson's etc. Names are locked up on exclusive while reviewed and when selected for the same reasons others do - marketing, qualification, correct positioning and pricing, etc. Yes if you sell a domain while selected through us at auction, you must pay commission as we lost a live or extended auction spot. We also go through a very time consuming and diligent selection process - this process does work and the reason we have sold more names at higher prices on average than any other company in the industry.

we are combing through the InterNext and DomainFest submissions as I write and will be doing so for several more weeks before the first list of names are published.

Should you have any questions, please contact [email protected].

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone - our process is no different than many of the top live auction houses such as Sotheby's, Christies, Jackson's etc. Names are locked up on exclusive while reviewed and when selected for the same reasons others do - marketing, qualification, correct positioning and pricing, etc. Yes if you sell a domain while selected through us at auction, you must pay commission as we lost a live or extended auction spot. We also go through a very time consuming and diligent selection process - this process does work and the reason we have sold more names at higher prices on average than any other company in the industry.

we are combing through the InterNext and DomainFest submissions as I write and will be doing so for several more weeks before the first list of names are published.

Thanks for the info Monte :)

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is the list out for the two auctions this month?

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is the list out for the two auctions this month?

Not yet – but we’re close! They’re still working on the final lists and I'm hoping the preliminary list will be out tomorrow and the final lists later this week!

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Final list today - a weeks' worth of media blitz to advertise our names (if they make the list) Names should be fresh in people's minds ... hope they're ready to work hard to get word out before leaving for Vegas!
can't wait to see the list.

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:shy: Watching the marketplace every once in a while to see the Pre list.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
where can I view this list?

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe they're going to just skip the prelim and go straight to the 'real' list.
time is growing short - especially if we're suppose to transfer our domains to them before the auction!
Come on moniker - - - - !! people will be leaving for vegas - - -

List is up!

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got my hands on Auditioning.tv and Auditioning.me today, is there time to consider these for Las Vegas?

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

When will you start accepting .CA domains for auctions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom