Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Snapnames now $100 for most names??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Each night I receive an email from Snapnames that uses keywords I've set up to trigger a notification of names scheduled to drop. On todays multiple emails, over 75% of the names (many I've seen a hundred times before) were now starting with $100 bids that used to be $59.00.

I knew Register.com names started at $99 but the volume is much greater than before so I suspect it is something else. Does anyone know if there was an announced price change?

Domain Days 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's part of the game of acquisitions: oversee/snapnames/moniker.
At the end of the day, mergers are bad for the economy as they create monopolies.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, they lost my business, that's for sure. It was overpriced before this happened.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I pay attention to backorders but I've noticed that they either go to auction and sell for over $100 anyway or end up expiring and being available.

Unless a domain is a perfect domain for me, I just wait for it to expire, then I get it for a reg fee when it drops. I've bought one backorder / dropped domain this year so far and that's it. Last year I think I got 2 or 3 total.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that too. The other day I was looking and I seen the crap extensions for $59, but for any decent name I was interested in it was $99

Although $99 is still a bargain if you snatch a name without it going to auction.

I've only bought like 3 drops. They were mainly my kids names. The others I monitor and hand reg them when/if they drop. If not I get something else.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
spending around 2k a month with snapnames but its gotta stop as i'm sort of addicted

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've only bought like 3 drops. They were mainly my kids names.

I have one beautiful daughter, but no plans for anymore.
It's for the reason above that if i do, i'll be calling him or her adjslmxhdf ;)

(i didn't check, surely the .com can't be regged...........................:eek:) :smilewinkgrin:

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how were you able to secure the .coms thru snap? I guess they aren't super common names? How much did they go for?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have one beautiful daughter, but no plans for anymore.
It's for the reason above that if i do, i'll be calling him or her adjslmxhdf ;)

(i didn't check, surely the .com can't be regged...........................:eek:) :smilewinkgrin:

Give them uncommon names. My nephew (born last year) has a rather uncommon first name so hisname.com was available. I quickly registered it and have a blog that my sister doesn't use up for him. :)

floyd777

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How soon after domain names that no one bid for go back to the available pool? With so many junk names priced at $99, most of the names should have no bids at all.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While some may actually drop due to expiration because they aren't great names to begin with, I'm seeing many of the exact same names show up on my lists month after month after month, all seemingly resubmitted by the owner or registrar until they sell.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What really sucks, is SnapNames is located in Portland, Oregon. They should move their HQ to assholeville, where Oversee is located.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Give them uncommon names. My nephew (born last year) has a rather uncommon first name so hisname.com was available. I quickly registered it and have a blog that my sister doesn't use up for him. :)

my daughter has a wonderful name, that's why we called her it :cool:
short, unusual enough to be uncommon, but well known enough, if you know what i mean :cool:?
needless to say all major extensions took.
i got here 3 initial in a .org.uk which is perfect for a site for her and pics etc
by a unique coincidence her 3 initials are the same as her first name and her 2 cousins first names so my plan is to build out a site dedicated to all 3

my problem is, although no plans for anymore kids, if i had a son, i have always loved the name William for a boy
problem is, it's kind of popular :eek:, and the name of our future King:blush:

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I`m surprised that no one seems to pay attention that the US dollar lose continuosly value.

Bidders from outside the USA , actually could not complain since it was getting cheaper and cheaper.

For example, against the US , our Australian dollar is almost even now (0.96)
while just 6 months ago was more than 10 % less.

Not to mention the Euro...I may start selling my names in Euros only :yes:

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I`m surprised that no one seems to pay attention that the US dollar lose continuosly value.

Bidders from outside the USA , actually could not complain since it was getting cheaper and cheaper.

For example, against the US , our Australian dollar is almost even now (0.96)
while just 6 months ago was more than 10 % less.

Not to mention the Euro...I may start selling my names in Euros only :yes:

I do complain.

8 years ago I sold several LLL.com's for $5K
If I get $15K now, my profit is ZERO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom