Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Snapnames=waste of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have until now thought Snapnames was ok but now more I
go on the more I see that 90% of time that you "win" a domain name
with them you are winning a "pig in a poke" as we say. For one
example.I won .net and now for I am trying to transfer out from
Onlinenic.com. Of course these are dodgy registrars who have no
intention of being genuine and after 4 days waiting the transfer
is rejected for no reason. They now say;
Thanks for contacting OnlineNIC!
First, please kindly accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience
that you have come across. Then, we would like to let you know that currently, we are adjusting our transfer programme with the good
intention of serving you better.
During this period of adjustment, the transfer-out is likely to be
affected negatively, the whole transfer process may last long than usual.
Currnet status of domain xxxxx is pendingtransfer, please
kindly wait for the whole transfer process to complete, thank you.
end quote.

THAT is absolute Bollocks as the transfer was rejected. I hate to
think that I win a domain worth thousands that is stuck with one
of Snapnames dodgy registrars. OH, and Snapnames have said
can do nothing.

DG

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Might have something to do with the $33M lawsuit they lost with Verizon ?

Sofar never had problem with Onlinenic to transfer away. There are much worse registrars

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Snapnames is awesome. Quick, friendly and professional support.

Out of 100+ purchases the last 2-3 years, I've had problems with 1 registrar.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are scammers. They just stole a domain that I won fair and square in an auction from my moniker account, after I owned it for two weeks. I know ythe previous owner contacted it for them back.

Expect more details of this soon.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are scammers. They just stole a domain that I won fair and square in an auction from my moniker account, after I owned it for two weeks. I know ythe previous owner contacted it for them back.

That doesn't sound too good indeed. Looking forward to hearing more details.

Bravo

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Please provide more details what happened....

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OnlineNIC is currently under a court injunction preventing them from transferring any domains out. They are lying to you.

Since the 33M judgment, Verizon has moved to seize ON's accreditation and have it transferred to a receiver.

As soon as they moved to do that, suddenly for the first time, an attorney for ON showed up in the case, claiming that ON had no notice of the original proceeding, which went on for several months.

The judge scheduled a hearing on the receivership and the motion to set aside the judgment, and then ON moved a couple of ten thousand domain names to another Chinese registrar.

Verizon noticed this and went to court to obtain an emergency injunction preventing ON from moving out any more domains.

That stuff about them "changing" their transfer terms is bullshit, and SnapNames shouldn't be doing business with them in the first place.

I'd like to know when, exactly, you won the auction.

If Snapnames is still using ON, then there is a US revenue stream that can be seized.

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As soon as they moved to do that, suddenly for the first time, an attorney for ON showed up in the case, claiming that ON had no notice of the original proceeding, which went on for several months.

ROFL -- and which was widely reported in the media. Sleazy bastards.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sleazy bastards.

It's the same approach to artificial eggs that cost cheaper to "make" than natural ones; they contain dye and gelatin. Is this "fake it all" approach a result of the overpopulation of China?

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OnlineNIC is currently under a court injunction preventing them from transferring any domains out. They are lying to you.

Since the 33M judgment, Verizon has moved to seize ON's accreditation and have it transferred to a receiver.

The judge scheduled a hearing on the receivership and the motion to set aside the judgment, and then ON moved a couple of ten thousand domain names to another Chinese registrar.

Verizon noticed this and went to court to obtain an emergency injunction preventing ON from moving out any more domains.

That stuff about them "changing" their transfer terms is bullshit, and SnapNames shouldn't be doing business with them in the first place.

If Snapnames is still using ON, then there is a US revenue stream that can be seized.

John

Interesting to know this thanks. June 2008 I won the domain name.

DG

Oh and I asked Snapnames YESTERDAY to help me solve the
transfer problem and they made no mention whatsoever of
any problems, simply told me the domain was unlocked.

DG

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh and I asked Snapnames YESTERDAY to help me solve the
transfer problem and they made no mention whatsoever of
any problems, simply told me the domain was unlocked.

So what?

I doubt anyone at Snapnames knows that ON is under a court order not to permit any transfers, and are probably showing the name as unlocked in the system.

It's not like there is some kind of magic "injunction alert system".

A lot of people don't know that Belgium Domains can't move a domain name out of their cred either.

ROFL -- and which was widely reported in the media. Sleazy bastards.

I don't know how "sleazy" they are. They are just a couple of people in China, and are not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. You should take a look at the filings through PACER on this. Some of them are pretty comical.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This court order is absurd. Is like I would be renting a garage, garage owner would get into debts and the debtor would not allow me to move my car out of the garage.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This court order is absurd. Is like I would be renting a garage, garage owner would get into debts and the debtor would not allow me to move my car out of the garage.

Let me make your analogy more accurate.

You own a garage and, yes, some other people park there. You are also in the car theft business and you park all of your stolen cars in the same garage.

You are sued by the owner of a bunch of those stolen cars and you don't show up in court in the proceeding. The plaintiff then moves to have your garage seized and run by someone else to recoup some of the damage award from the lawsuit (assume there was a monetary award in addition to you getting your cars back).

Then, the week that happens, you show up and say, "Hey, I didn't know about the suit. I want to defend this thing! Set aside the judgment."

The week you do that, it is observed that about 20% of the cars in your garage are transferred to a garage down the street.

Now ON manages a lot of domain names, and was caught moving a huge chunk of them out as soon as they became "aware" that the plaintiff was going to enforce the judgment against them.

Nobody is going to sit down with a list of a million domain names and say "Okay, you can transfer this one, but not that one."

So what, in your view, would not be "absurd" - letting them move all of the domain names out during the receivership process, and then handing over a registrar with no domains under management?

That's not going to happen.

There is a dangerous tendency for some folks in the domain business to think they are untouchable or immune from consequences. All it means is that nobody has made a determined effort yet.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^They did not trade in stolen domains.

So what now - Verizon is going to seize all domains and sell it ? Well everyone knows who their laywer is and if they steal domains from a wrong person he could bear consequences on personal level - should not be that difficult hire some thugs and beat the crap out of him. For example lots of people have there domains from Snapnames auction. Lot's of companies have their domains there running businesses on it. Etc.

This is exactly why USA is so unpopular - .com is supposed to be NEUTRAL extension yet they handle it entirely in US jurisdiction. If some Chinese company would want to do that in China - nobody would give a flying F.

Similar now they talk on TV - USA goes and threaten every country to give them list of US citizens having accounts there. Imagine Chinese IRS asking US banks to give them names and accounts all Chinese citizens - they would be laughed off...

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Judging by the SnapNames.com premium selection of domain registrars, am I correct to assume that all you need in order to attain ICANN accreditation, is a semi functional computer?

"Do you have a working computer Sir? Please press the ON button for me once... Welcome to ICANN!"

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Judging by the SnapNames.com premium selection of domain registrars, am I correct to assume that all you need in order to attain ICANN accreditation, is a semi functional computer?
That's true only if you are US based pseudo-company (setup for few hundred bucks). Be from country they do not like (i.e. China) and ICANN + Verisign will do everything in their powers to not accredit you...

Hm just failed me 6 tranfsers from Onlinenic, nothing big luckily I transfered most away once I read about those scums at Verizon. So will lose $1K max.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's true only if you are US based pseudo-company (setup for few hundred bucks). Be from country they do not like (i.e. China) and ICANN + Verisign will do everything in their powers to not accredit you...

Hm just failed me 6 tranfsers from Onlinenic, nothing big luckily I transfered most away once I read about those scums at Verizon. So will lose $1K max.

Send them an email with 我操你八辈子祖宗 :D
More info at http://tinyurl.com/cusschinese

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

John, thank you for sharing your intel.

I always enjoy reading your posts.

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom