Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Snapnames -WLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, what is going to happen with SnapNames?

How will they make their revenue in the future?

I understand that they be working with Verisign on WLS. But, how
will they actually make their revenue?

So, all of the registrars will share in the profit of selling WLS options.

I was going to buy some SnapNames today. But, I really don't know
if that is the best move.

Where do you see SnapNames going in the future?

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong about this, but I think Verisign will be licensing
SnapNames SnapBack technology which SN has a patent on. So
SnapNames will receive licensing $$ for that. At least that's the
excuse they gave to lure SnapNames into partnering up.

I've read this before somewhere, not sure where.
Luc L.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Correct Luc. And Richard, SN is going to go after .org and .co.uk for now and probably more TLD's when they can get 'em.

Note: Just read this today at SN:

Once I have a WLS position, can I change the name I'm targeting to another name if I so decide?
Yes, you can do this type of exchange up to three times during the life of the WLS subscription.

Note: This information about exchanges might be a bit confusing. Let's reiterate here:

• EXCHANGES AVAILABLE FOR CONVERSION BETWEEN SNAPBACK TO WLS, AT LAUNCH DATE AND FOR 30 DAYS FOLLOWING: If we're not successful at converting your SnapBack subscription during the initial "land rush" for WLS, you may exchange your existing SnapBack subscription to another domain name. We will then again attempt to convert to a WLS subscription. You may do this up to 30 days following the day WLS is launched.

After the end of the 30 day post-landrush period, SnapBack subscriptions are ineligible for conversion into WLS.

• THREE EXCHANGES AVAILABLE AFTER YOU HAVE A WLS SUBSCRIPTION: Once you secure a WLS position for a targeted domain name, you may change your target name up to three times within the term of that WLS subscription.

I don't like the parts about 3 exchanges per the subscription period of one year and having only 30 days to convert into WLS or your snapback becomes "ineligible for conversion"! Were these in the original plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom