Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Snowe Bill Logistics / Timeline / Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TragicDomains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1) How long before this bill is passed if it gets passed? How long before this bill starts to be enforced?

2) How much money does the ICA need to fight this bill?

3) How does this bill effect domainers who are 'out of country' ? or regged in another country? Or, do all .com and .net domain names fall under the purview of the United States Gov't after this bill is passed?

4) How does one gage the amount of backing this bill will have from congress and its probability of success?

5) Would a democratic senator be more or less likely to support the Snowe bill? I noticed that senator snow is a republican. Do republicans in general have more of a tendency to cater to large business interests? If this is the case will a democratic victory effect the passing of the Snowe bill? or will the bill be passed before hand?

6) Has any one here read the Novel by George Orwell called 1984? This whole situation seems eerily familiar (having read the book myself)... in a way domains are kind of like a persons ideas.. people's thoughts.. so a government that goes after someone because of their idea's/thoughts... is acting like.... the thought police.... [I'm considering starting a website about this very issue..].. Like, what is going to happen when the internet becomes voice activated... just imagine regging a domain via voice activation... your very thoughts could end up being policed in real time by your internet service provider --> registrar --> corpoaration --> governement... this is really scary.... like.. just imagine W@LM@RT actually having jurisdiction over the very thoughts people can and cannot have on the internet.. nope.. I don't like this at all.. I wonder what the ACLU would think about this whole thing.. I think it might be time to wave the old free speech card again...

man I hope we can get through all this..
good luck to all,
thanks for reading,
Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom